Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no excuse for a disgustingly dirty house

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm not talking common mess, I'm talking down right nasty.
How hard is it to keep a house clean? It takes me 15 minutes a night to clean my living room (pick up toys, sweep & steam the floors), 30 minutes to clean my kitchen & dining room (dishes, counters, sweep & steam) and MAYBE 30p minutes to do the rest (put shoes & coats away, sweep hall floors and stairs and clean my bathroom (counters, sweep &steam floor and wipe mirror if needed).
That is under 2 hours of house work at night. It's really not that hard.

ETA- I guess some people need to learn how to read. The post clearly says UNDER 2 hours (and has since it was posted). If you want me to get REALLY technical it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
jpmommy524
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Filthy is gross and I couldn't live that way, but good lord, woman, 2 HOURS!?!? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

NO EXCUSE! THE HUMAN NUGGET HAS A MOUTH!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

What if the person has no limbs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I didn't "learn" how to clean till I got much older. Not proud, but I wasn't raised cleaning and stuff until it was overwhelming. Not making excuses, just saying. I clean now, but there are times that I have to snap myself back into reality. I hate living in filth and will never let it get overwhelming. I never knew the correct way to clean. I'm glad I do now though.
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I wish my housework only took 2 hours....

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I totally agree, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Quoting lizmartinez:

I agree. I don't see why it's difficult.
What bothers me is when people say they'd rather spend time with their kids than clean (obviously I would, too, but cleaning has to happen) so the just don't clean. Cleanliness and health go hand in hand. I won't neglect my son to clean, but I also won't let my house get gross and use my kid as an excuse. Ew.

No it doesnt it.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I clean my house every day and still relax, have sex, spend time with kids, deal with nearly daily medical appointments, etc. Not that hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like a bitch.  Who cleans their house every night?  No one sane.  Tidying is one thing, but I don't know.  I'd prefer to pick up, wipe down, and spend time with DH.  Either relaxing or sex.  Who the hell spends 2 hours cleaning a night?   Blech.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
No, I don't have a maid.
However, when it comes down to having to kick a path to walk through a house or having to step over piles of dog poo there is a serious problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, you judgemental bitch! Then why dont you take your bitchy, whiny little ass over there and clean it for them? I doubt you do ANY cleaning because you sound like one of those lazy bitches who has the maid do it for her.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Me too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't "learn" how to clean till I got much older. Not proud, but I wasn't raised cleaning and stuff until it was overwhelming. Not making excuses, just saying. I clean now, but there are times that I have to snap myself back into reality. I hate living in filth and will never let it get overwhelming. I never knew the correct way to clean. I'm glad I do now though.
ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I did my cleaning at night, while my kids were sleeping(the is no point of cleaning when they are playing:-)), until my sister scared me. She said that my lil' cousin saw a scary ghost with horns at night when he stayed in my mom's house. Now I'm scared to go around the house at nigth. :-)))) :-(((((
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)