Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

chest pains

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Have you ever experienced chest pains that lasted approx 30 minutes? Bad chest pains with lightheadedness, cold sweats, and nausea? What was it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
time to go to the er is what it is
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NAILEDIT
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Yep

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I have it often. Usually accompanied by nausea and dizziness. My dr seems to think it is stress related. She also said it may be due to my pain level. My heart rate stays at around 130 or higher all the time.

Hope you feel better!
PepperWillow
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Yes. Panic attack was what mine was. If you don't know you gotta go get it checked.

PepperWillow
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Have you had a recent CBC? I get all of those symptoms when my hemoglobin drops from my anemia issues. The high heart rate is a bitch.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I have it often. Usually accompanied by nausea and dizziness. My dr seems to think it is stress related. She also said it may be due to my pain level. My heart rate stays at around 130 or higher all the time.

Hope you feel better!

Thibmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Same here. Fortunately, I've figured out my triggers and stay away from them...too much caffeine, etc. Also, I've destressed my life in any way I could. I've been panic and anxiety attack for 3 months now. :) I would get them so bad, it was paralyzing. Doc wanted me on meds but I had anxiety about that, so I never took them. I figured out how to manage without them.

Quoting PepperWillow:

Yes. Panic attack was what mine was. If you don't know you gotta go get it checked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Ive gone through dizzy spells before that turned out to be stress related. But this was a completely different feeling plus everything else. And i know this is the most common excuse but i havent gone to the doc/er because i dont have insurance. I really need to find something.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Hope you feel better!
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quoting PepperWillow:

Yes ma'am they draw blood everytime I see my primary which is around every three months. Due to the amt of meds (ive been taking narcotics like dilaudid and a crapload of muscle relaxers, nerve pills, etc) I take she checks virtually everything as a precautionary.

I had back surgery in July. Facing two more. I had two herniated discs. One in my lumbar which is the surgery I got in July. The next surgery will be on my neck. Then the third to correct my severe thoracolumbar scoliosis...three curves - 34, 65 & 54 - which my instinct tells me the middle curve is putting pressure on my chest wall so when i lay flat it feels like something is poking thru my rib cage. One dr said its possible and another said no. But they are now saying the chest pains and increased hr is due pain and/or stress.. Lol.. im 30... i cant help but stress over what im facing this yr. Ugh. Effin sucks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I know :-( By the time i would get there the pains would have been gone. Also, most common reason i know, i dont have insurance right now which is why i have been putting it off. I NEED to get insurance asap. I guess tomorrow i will be insurance hunting

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

PepperWillow
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting PepperWillow:

Yes ma'am they draw blood everytime I see my primary which is around every three months. Due to the amt of meds (ive been taking narcotics like dilaudid and a crapload of muscle relaxers, nerve pills, etc) I take she checks virtually everything as a precautionary.

I had back surgery in July. Facing two more. I had two herniated discs. One in my lumbar which is the surgery I got in July. The next surgery will be on my neck. Then the third to correct my severe thoracolumbar scoliosis...three curves - 34, 65 & 54 - which my instinct tells me the middle curve is putting pressure on my chest wall so when i lay flat it feels like something is poking thru my rib cage. One dr said its possible and another said no. But they are now saying the chest pains and increased hr is due pain and/or stress.. Lol.. im 30... i cant help but stress over what im facing this yr. Ugh. Effin sucks!

I'm 30 as well. My T7 & T8 are herniated and I have degenerative disk disease. I hope I don't end up needing surgery. Usually I tolerate the pain well but I'm almost 8 months pregnant and it's getting unbearable. Do to location mine gives me chest pain too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)