Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im sorry but if your on PA, you dont need to be ttc

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Agree or disagree
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (561-569):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM

It is PA. It was instituted to lift working low income families out of poverty. Regan expanded it in lieu of raising the minimum wage, and it's been popular to opt for expanding the EITC rather than raising the minimum wage. (Which in many ways means that the EITC subsidizes the employers of minimum wage workers, since the cost of reducing their poverty would be the responsibility of employers if the minimum wage is raised, but becomes the responsibility of taxpayers and the government if the EITC is expanded.) If minimum wage were adjusted for inflation to be at the amount it was when the EITC was first instituted, then our current federal minimum wage would be $10.00 an hour. Try titling a post "Is the EITC PA?" And add a yes/no poll. They go crazy on here, complaining that the only reason you're refund is so big is because you're selfish and they're getting raped in taxes because of your selfishness. Yada, yada, yada.

DISCLAIMER: You is used in the sense of the universal you and not the personal you. I would have no way of knowing your income or filing status.

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: its not PA and doesnt apply
Quoting Anonymous: I never saw it as PA, either, until I got it hammered into me here that it's a means tested poverty reduction program, and therefore it is technicaly PA.
Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: i dont consider an earned income credit to be PA seeing as its part of a tax return. its not a long term form of support.
Quoting Anonymous: So, if a serviceman files his taxes and gets all of his federal withholding returned as well as additional monies as part of the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is PA, other people are supporting his family, so he should not have more children?
Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: I said if they can't independently support their kids. Being on PA is not supporting them yourself,other people are.
Quoting Anonymous: Preview of 2012 EITC Income Limits

$45,060 ($50,270 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
$41,952 ($47,162 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
$36,920 ($42,130 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
$13,980 ($19,190 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children

You think people shouldn't expand their families unless they make more than this? That cuts out the family planning options of some of our military service members, law enforcement officers, firefighters, and teachers.

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: Agree. If you can't independently support your kids you don't need more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Crud. You're right! What site did you get for that?

Quoting OneToughMami: But you know what's god damn hilarious is that hardly any of them want to consider student loans and grants government assistance even though it is listed and I proved it...someone told me the US governments benefits site was incorrect.
Quoting Anonymous: I never saw it as PA, either, until I got it hammered into me here that it's a means tested poverty reduction program, and therefore it is technicaly PA.
Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: i dont consider an earned income credit to be PA seeing as its part of a tax return. its not a long term form of support.
Quoting Anonymous: So, if a serviceman files his taxes and gets all of his federal withholding returned as well as additional monies as part of the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is PA, other people are supporting his family, so he should not have more children?
Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: I said if they can't independently support their kids. Being on PA is not supporting them yourself,other people are.

You think people shouldn't expand their families unless they make more than this? That cuts out the family planning options of some of our military service members, law enforcement officers, firefighters, and teachers.

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: Agree. If you can't independently support your kids you don't need more.
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I'm not getting into this nonsense

Quoting Anonymous:

It is PA. It was instituted to lift working low income families out of poverty. Regan expanded it in lieu of raising the minimum wage, and it's been popular to opt for expanding the EITC rather than raising the minimum wage. (Which in many ways means that the EITC subsidizes the employers of minimum wage workers, since the cost of reducing their poverty would be the responsibility of employers if the minimum wage is raised, but becomes the responsibility of taxpayers and the government if the EITC is expanded.) If minimum wage were adjusted for inflation to be at the amount it was when the EITC was first instituted, then our current federal minimum wage would be $10.00 an hour. Try titling a post "Is the EITC PA?" And add a yes/no poll. They go crazy on here, complaining that the only reason you're refund is so big is because you're selfish and they're getting raped in taxes because of your selfishness. Yada, yada, yada.

DISCLAIMER: You is used in the sense of the universal you and not the personal you. I would have no way of knowing your income or filing status.

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: its not PA and doesnt apply

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

disagree, I am not on any state assistance but that's just my view.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM
US.gov like whatever it is the official America site lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Crud. You're right! What site did you get for that?

Quoting OneToughMami: But you know what's god damn hilarious is that hardly any of them want to consider student loans and grants government assistance even though it is listed and I proved it...someone told me the US governments benefits site was incorrect.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tammylynn36
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Gee-sh! You don't understand sarcasm do you? DUH!

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't rule my body. DUH!!!! I thought everybody knew that!! I can do whatever I want and you can't do a damn thing about it!!! There are no laws so there!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are poor you don't get anything not even kids. DUH!!!! I thought everyone knew that!!!!

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM

taxpayers shouldn't be paying to raise other people's children. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Preview of 2012 EITC Income Limits

Quoting MochaBerry24: agree completely!!!! No one on PA should be trying to get pregnant. 

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
But you'll be covered if you manage to get knocked up right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. I'm currently TTC and my son is temporarily covered by Medicaid. My husband and I are not covered being he made too much.

WannaBeMom2013
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM

What's PA? :S

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN