Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im sorry but if your on PA, you dont need to be ttc

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Agree or disagree
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (531-540):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 101 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Its not like you get pa for free u have to be at a work site everyday and work I don't know if its the same everywhere but that's how it goes here.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I was on PA, too. And now that DH has a good job, I'm so happy to pay taxes and "pay it forward" to families like yours. Thank you for avoiding that sense of shame that so many get, like their family's misfortune is a personal failing. I'm not saying we should convince ourselves that all criticism is wrong. I think its good to learn from the stories our lives are telling. But I don't think we have to feel like bugs, worms, or vermin over the whole thing. It sounds like you have dignity, and are proud to assert yourself. I like that.

Quoting aponder: It isn't the OP's post that upsets me, I agree if you find yourself not able to afford the children you have then you should hold off on trying to have more until your in better shape, that is common sense.  What is bothering me is that on several posts someone calls people on PA welfare trash and hides behind anon. I'm not trash, I do get foodstamps, I had a surprise 3rd child but I also used my PA medical card to have my  tubes tied I no longer have the card cause it lasts only 6 wks after you have the baby, in part I had to start using PA because of the 3rd child and my dh losing his job, and though he has a full time job now we haven't been able to come off it.  So yes I agree with OP but I really wish we could drop the name calling on here.  I am not trash I am a human being.  We own our home, PA didn't help us with that, we own our car, PA did not help us with that, we need a little help with groceries PA helps us with about a week and a halfs worth the rest we buy with my dh's paycheck. 
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting OneToughMami:

I know. I started asking and I got some answers, but then I heard they meant different things, so I'm never sure.

There used to be a guide to them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Then why don't you want to support your own children?

Quoting Anonymous:

Fuck off...i do what I want.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Quoting OneToughMami:

I wish there still was. I would write them all down and I could look it up if I didn't know. I always have to ask. So far no one has been mean because I ask. I'm happy about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 102 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Agreed. I was on pa once, and having another child was far from my mind, it wouldn't have made sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

You mean for TANF? Yes, earlier last year the work requirement was left up to states. I don't think any states chose to remove it, though they now have the option of trying a different program if they can think of one that could be more effective. When people say "PA" it can mean many things-- section 8 housing, SNAP, WIC, Medicaid, low cost insurance programs for children, the EITC, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: Its not like you get pa for free u have to be at a work site everyday and work I don't know if its the same everywhere but that's how it goes here.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 103 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM

WHAT?   "we should all have kids we can afford"     - but if you are on PA, then clearly, you can't afford them......

you don't have to be "well off" to have the privilege of kids - just able to afford them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Disagree.  Reproductive rights are basic and while we should all have kids we can afford, only well off people should not be the only ones who get that privilege.

EAzizM
by Erica on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I somewhat agree...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM

So, if a serviceman files his taxes and gets all of his federal withholding returned as well as additional monies as part of the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is PA, other people are supporting his family, so he should not have more children?

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: I said if they can't independently support their kids. Being on PA is not supporting them yourself,other people are.
Quoting Anonymous: Preview of 2012 EITC Income Limits

$45,060 ($50,270 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
$41,952 ($47,162 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
$36,920 ($42,130 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
$13,980 ($19,190 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children

You think people shouldn't expand their families unless they make more than this? That cuts out the family planning options of some of our military service members, law enforcement officers, firefighters, and teachers.

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz: Agree. If you can't independently support your kids you don't need more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN