Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think Walt Disney sucks, they profit off the disability!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 350 Replies
1 mom liked this

OK so after much research and planning and trying to organize this trip for my poor disabled mother who can barely walk and me being deaf I have realized that Walt Disney is very good about helping the disabled (which is great) however they charge fees left and right to use their disability services! WTF? How can they actually believe they are doing better and making the trip BETTER by charging more FEES and outragious fees because you happen to be disabled!?

So for example they charge you $50 bucks a DAY just to rent a scooter if you are crippled. Um ok... I dont mind paying the $200 deposit that is understandable but $50 bucks a day? I am also disgusted that they also charge $40 bucks a day to use a captioning device for the deaf! WTH? $40 a day??? This is seriously profiting off those that are disabled!

My college does not charge me fees for being deaf, not for interpreters or devices. But yet Disney World charges for everything... Except interpreters I think. Hell maybe they charge for that too. 

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM

bumping because they make me mad damnit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Crippled?  Who uses that term anymore?  Unenlightened, very unenlightened.  Could care less about the rest of your post after reading that. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
8 moms liked this

oh pleez

Quoting Anonymous:

Crippled?  Who uses that term anymore?  Unenlightened, very unenlightened.  Could care less about the rest of your post after reading that. 

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Isn't that against the ADA?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not sure I think Ill talk to my interpreter on Monday when I go in about my financial aid... I think its wrong to charge someone for a device because they are deaf.... Just seems wrong to me. I understand paying a deposit perhaps even enough to cover half the cost of the device or more thats fine but to actually charge a rental fee??? thats stupid.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Can I ask why you're deaf?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I agree and I feel like that can't be legal, but maybe they found some loophole.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Im not sure I think Ill talk to my interpreter on Monday when I go in about my financial aid... I think its wrong to charge someone for a device because they are deaf.... Just seems wrong to me. I understand paying a deposit perhaps even enough to cover half the cost of the device or more thats fine but to actually charge a rental fee??? thats stupid.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

blank stare. You ask as if I chose to be deaf meow.... I didnt choose it, I was just born this way.

BTW I have nerve development hearing loss. Most of my nerves were not fully developed at birth.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
That's got to be illegal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Well I didn't mean it as if you CHOSE to be deaf. i was just wondering if it was a born that way type of thing or a slow progression.

I was born deaf in my left ear and as I've gotten older I ringing in my right ear becomes more and more frequent and these days it sounds as if everyone is mumbling on the phone and sometimes in person. Just wanted to see if you went through any of the same thing, no need to give me the blank stare.

Quoting thetrollcat:

blank stare. You ask as if I chose to be deaf meow.... I didnt choose it, I was just born this way.

BTW I have nerve development hearing loss. Most of my nerves were not fully developed at birth.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)