Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not all fat people eat a lot

I'm just tallying up what I ate today and it totals about 1100 calories. I honestly have problems meeting my calorie goals because I don't eat a lot.

Do you assume those who are obese eat constantly or mass amounts of food?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Dh says I eat like a bird too. He eats twice the amount I do and always stays around the same weight.

Quoting was2now3:

I don't either, my husband is always telling me i eat like a bird, I love salad, fruits and veggies. I rarely eat candy or junk Food. Yet I'm fat :-(

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It took over a year after they figured out what was wrong to finally stabilize me, it's a long process but when it was stable I was able to lose 130 pounds in about 2 years.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I've suspected I have a thyroid problem too. I went to the doctor to be tested but all she did was a simple blood test because I'm breastfeeding and she didn't want to do the full panel or whatever it's called. I hear the regular blood test often gives false negatives.

Quoting wkukid:

I ate like I was on a diet constantly and gained 70 pounds. I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM

You people are full of shit. People that barely eat are not fat. I wonder why there are no fat people in Africa then??

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Did you have a problem with them doing the right testing?

Quoting wkukid:

It took over a year after they figured out what was wrong to finally stabilize me, it's a long process but when it was stable I was able to lose 130 pounds in about 2 years.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I've suspected I have a thyroid problem too. I went to the doctor to be tested but all she did was a simple blood test because I'm breastfeeding and she didn't want to do the full panel or whatever it's called. I hear the regular blood test often gives false negatives.

Quoting wkukid:

I ate like I was on a diet constantly and gained 70 pounds. I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

was2now3
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine too and he LOVES "soul food" so he eats a lot of fried food, lot of butter and salt and weighs 160 and has since I meet him 10 years ago...drives me crazy.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Dh says I eat like a bird too. He eats twice the amount I do and always stays around the same weight.

Quoting was2now3:

I don't either, my husband is always telling me i eat like a bird, I love salad, fruits and veggies. I rarely eat candy or junk Food. Yet I'm fat :-(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I know people assume that's why I'm fat. Why don't you diet and excersize. When I was and still lost nothing I was told, you need to excersize more and eat less, and when I still lost nothing, they assumed I was cheating.

People are jerks. They always have some excuse why it's your lazy fault you're not losing weight. You need to eat those is 6 small meals throughout the day, you're not drinking enough water, more protein less carbs, etc, etc.

Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I'm really big and get full after a few bites lol. I hate buffets because I barely eat anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yup...

Quoting keisha613:

That's why a lot of fat people are fat. They eat too little and their metabolism slows down, making them hold on to extra pounds.

supermomz25
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I refuse to judge a book by it's cover.

Ticker id: mZJ0

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

There are some LIARS up in here! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN