Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not all fat people eat a lot

I'm just tallying up what I ate today and it totals about 1100 calories. I honestly have problems meeting my calorie goals because I don't eat a lot.

Do you assume those who are obese eat constantly or mass amounts of food?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I'm over this picture... find something new.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Haha. I was gonna say something of the sort.,

Quoting Anonymous:

There are fat peopled in Africa... Omg. Some people need to realize it's a damn continent with a lot of diversity. We don't all live in huts and get eaten by lions. I don't run with the gazelle, or walk among the giraffe and zebra while they feed at the hippopotamus hole.

Quoting Anonymous:

You people are full of shit. People that barely eat are not fat. I wonder why there are no fat people in Africa then??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's actually really bad for your metabolism.

Quoting Anonymous:

I eat one meal a day, less than 600 calories. I go 4 to 8 days a month without eating at all. I'm still a fat ass. Some people metabolize differently.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Yeah I do that too. If I don't eat breakfast or lunch I end up doubling up at dinner.

Quoting mommaoftwo:

I have the same problem, I forget to eat. I frequently don't hit the calorie goal I set for myself.

I view it as a goal, not a limit, and I tell myself that if I don't hit that goal, then my body is going to go into survival mode and store everything it possibly can.

My other problem is, because I do forget to eat,  I frequently eat nothing but dinner, which I then eat more of, then I should.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I think sometimes that contributes to the problem, honestly.

My best friend is overweight (more so now after having to be on staroids for her blood disorder) but when she lived with us, she would only eat once a day. Her meals were usually unhealthy. She usually ate under 2,000 calories, but more fat content then she probably needed to. When she started eating three meals a day, she started to loose weight.

ANYWAY, I do not think that overweight people eat a lot, I think they just have unhealthy habits. Be it eating only once, eating too much, eating crap, ect.

azpreemiemom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM

This is true and this is also a reason why some overweight/obese people hold onto the weight. If you do not eat enough calories to sustain your basic needs (and 1100 calories isn't enough for someone who is overweight), you will hold onto that weight. This is very common with people that are overweight.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My mom has hypothyroidism and told me to get checked. So as soon as I can I'm going to ask my dr.

Quoting wkukid:

I ate like I was on a diet constantly and gained 70 pounds. I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
No. Eating too little can cause you to be overweight or never lose weight.
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
What exactly are you eating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forgottenluv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

i am over weight , i don't over eat , its a mix of

what i eat and other issues

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured