Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not all fat people eat a lot

I'm just tallying up what I ate today and it totals about 1100 calories. I honestly have problems meeting my calorie goals because I don't eat a lot.

Do you assume those who are obese eat constantly or mass amounts of food?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
southernbelletx
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I bet if you ate smaller and more balanced meals 5x a day you wouldn't be fat. Cheesy mashed potatoes and fried chicken? My brain exploded. I ate oatmeal, baked chicken and broccoli, an apple with peanut butter, an orange and banana, plain yogurt with granola, tilapia and green beans with feta. My metabolism is running at beast mode.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Nope not full of shit or telling lies. I can't make you believe me and honestly don't care if you do. But if you'd like here's my food list for the day. I skipped breakfast. Only ate a few bites for lunch. Only time I really ate is dinner. We had fried chicken (I had two legs) and cheesy mashed potatoes. I've had two 8 oz cans of pop and one cookie.

No not a completely healthy diet, but it still comes in calorie wise, under my calorie goals.

Quoting Anonymous:

You people are full of shit. People that barely eat are not fat. I wonder why there are no fat people in Africa then??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I was just talking about this with my daughter. We never encouraged membership into the "clean plate club" lol. Indeed, we actually use smaller plates and I still leave half of my food. I've still been called a fat fatty by women on this site. One women actually said that my steroid use had nothing to do with my weight :/ Women are mean. Why is that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I'm sure everyone has medical issues and is not responsible for their actions.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Quoting Snapdragon88:

What exactly are you eating?

Check page 3.

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yep, this too. If you're not eating enough good food your body thinks it's starving and will hold onto every single fat calorie.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Eating too little can cause you to be overweight or never lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Someone who understands! And then they'll say well muscle weighs more than fat, but my jeans are still as tight as they were before I started.

I did one of those wight loss challenges, and I was dedicated. The prize was half the pot, about $350 bucks (there were also a 2nd a 3rd prize). $50 entry fee, but you got health lessons once a week, weekly weighs things like that.

I was dedicated, I wanted that money. I worked out 3 times a week, went on a high protein low carb diet, gave up pop cold turkey. After 3 long grueling months, I had lost a whopping 7lbs. And no inches from anywhere on my body.

I was miserable. Always hungry, and I hate working out. It bores me to death.

The person who own, her secret was she gave up desserts. 22 lbs in 3 months just by giving up desserts. How much damn dessert where you eating lady? I hadn't had dessert either, as well as basically anything else I enjoyed. I was the only one in the class who was working out, and dieting, and folowwing there little menu thing, and I came in last place.

In case you couldn't tell I still get annoyed when I remember it.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Yep been there and done all that. I lost a total of 5 lbs with diet and exercise. I gave up soda completely. I only drank water all day every day. I religiously counted calories, sugar, fats, etc.. Went to Curves 4 days a week and on the days I didn't go I at least took a mile long walk or worked out on my stepper machine at home.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

I know people assume that's why I'm fat. Why don't you diet and excersize. When I was and still lost nothing I was told, you need to excersize more and eat less, and when I still lost nothing, they assumed I was cheating.

People are jerks. They always have some excuse why it's your lazy fault you're not losing weight. You need to eat those is 6 small meals throughout the day, you're not drinking enough water, more protein less carbs, etc, etc.

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Steroid use?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just talking about this with my daughter. We never encouraged membership into the "clean plate club" lol. Indeed, we actually use smaller plates and I still leave half of my food. I've still been called a fat fatty by women on this site. One women actually said that my steroid use had nothing to do with my weight :/ Women are mean. Why is that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I know. But even though my metabolism is basically shut down, my body should be burning fat reserves. I should be anorexic, but I'm not because my body isn't burning the fat. I've been eating like this for over a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's actually really bad for your metabolism.

Quoting Anonymous:

I eat one meal a day, less than 600 calories. I go 4 to 8 days a month without eating at all. I'm still a fat ass. Some people metabolize differently.

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I don't eat a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM

If you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and you can actually either not lose weight or gain more. I recently lost about 25 pounds and I was actually eating more.

Are you eating breakfast? If you can eat a good, high protein, non-fatty breakfast that might help. You could also try a diabetic diet, where you have to eat more thru out the day but in tiny portions. I had GD when I was pregnant and I was on such a diet and didn't gain hardly any weight my last trimester because of it.. maybe 5 pounds total at the end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)