Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nervous about house inspection

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 34 Replies

Our landlord has the right to do a house inspection on our lease. Well we come home yesterday and have a note on the door that she will be doing one anywhere from 10am-noon today. Well she only does them to people she wants to kick out. That's what all the neighbors say. Im so nervous the house is clean and we havent damaged it but im so freaked out. Does anyone else have a contract like this. Any advice?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

No advice, but here's a bump.

So.Ill.Mama
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM
We own so no but good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I don't have any advice :( do you feel she has any reaason to kick you out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMDS0304
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I don't have a contract bought our house but just make sure everything is clean and nothing is damaged and you should be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

We don't we own our home but my sister does. He landlord and someone from the city came in and did an inspection on the house that she rents. They went in looked at everything, made sure there was no damage and then they left. Good luck!

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

When I lived in the apartment before I met my dh they had in the lease they could enter the apartment at anytime with no previous notice, I was ok with it until I found out my roommate smoked pot when I wasnt home and would leave her pipes and bags everywhere it was nerve racking that we would get kicked out because of it and I had no where to go plus no money to move. Luckily it didn't happen while I was living there.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Good luck!!!
prieta05
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I rent but nope never heard of it. Infact i should be the one calling the city on her ass for being so irresponsible not fixing shit. She only calls at the end of the month when its rent time money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I went through this once. I was a wreck too. Come to find out that the landlord was doing the inspections due to renters violating the pet code. He came in looking to see if we had a cat or small dog.

xElizabethx
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Typically they have to give more than a days notice. What does your lease say? My lease is a standard one for our state and it says they have to give us 4 business days written notice..or something along those lines.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you know you haven't done anything wrong or caused damage, its just an inconvenience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)