Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Country life....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

People here talk about it being so trashy

How does knowing how to improvise make me trashy?

If something horrible happened and we all lost everything...I would know how to feed my children and survive.

Would you?

There would be no store you can go buy food, water or supplies

You would be on your own

Yes this is hypothetical

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

bow down I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I am a suburbanite who wishes I lived in the country! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
We live in the country and I must say... I miss the city sometimes but when I think about the world going to shit I'm glad I live where I do :) I raising our own cows for meat and chickens for eggs and meat as well is my saving grace ;) I know when the apocalypse does arrive my family will be self sufficient and safe.. In the middle of nowhere with our hunting skills... I dare anyone to try and forage around my property lol I guess this country life makes me trashy lol bring on the hot pink nails and bottle blonde shit lmao ;) your post made me giggle ;) let us trashy ppl stay alive and safe while the dumb city slickers run and fight like mad looking for food and water ;)
just_hc
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Yep, I've no doubt we'd survive!   My DD (15) had a class in high school where they were talking about civilizations and the teacher asked if all technology were taken away who would survive.  My DD told her "My mom would just move us to the woods with her camping gear and we'd live off the land, she'd be happier that way anyways".  LOL! 

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I didn't realize living ni the country made me trashy. Also, how does living in the country make you capable of making your own water?

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I consider only consider things to be trashy if they are unnecessary and a choice, something isn't trashy if it makes sense and is just something you need to do to survive. Some think using sheets or blankets as curtains is trashy, it's very common where I live, some simply can't afford heavy curtains and the blankets help insulate the house, I was lucky enough to find some heavy curtains for cheap at a thrift store. 

MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

i like the country.. but just to visit.. and go camping..and people dont know what they are talking about.. the city can be just as trashy and ghetto and "backwoods" as the country.. it is what you make of it. I grew up in the burbs.. moved to the country then settled in the city.. i prefer big city living

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You can't make your own water, but I know how to sanitize river or lake water if need be, that's probably what shes referring to.

Quoting furbabymum:

I didn't realize living ni the country made me trashy. Also, how does living in the country make you capable of making your own water?

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM

That would require a river or lake. I live in the country in Wyoming. We have no bodies of water..... Sure we have well water but without electricity how would we pump it?

Quoting LucyHarper:

You can't make your own water, but I know how to sanitize river or lake water if need be, that's probably what shes referring to.

Quoting furbabymum:

kmt_771
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I love living in the country. I am not trashy. I live in a nice home, drive a nice truck and my family has everything they need and most of what they want. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

That would be when someone would make a hand pump. How do you think people had water there before electricity?

Quoting furbabymum:

That would require a river or lake. I live in the country in Wyoming. We have no bodies of water..... Sure we have well water but without electricity how would we pump it?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)