Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP!!! writing a letter so that my stepmom can stay in the country! If you have had to deal with US Immigration PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

so I am writing a letter to verify that my Dad and Step-Mom are still in love and married. My dad is absolutly no help when I ask him what it needs in it. I was wondering if any of you could edit or help me with it!!! please and thank you!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM
If theyre married, whats the problem?
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

You need to detail things they do together, their actions, trips, holidays. Your personal interactions with the 2 of them together, but be honest. 

girlywifey
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

um-idk here's a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM

every two years for 8 years they have to prove that they are still married, living together, love one another etc. its so that my stepmom can get her full citizenship

Quoting Anonymous:

If theyre married, whats the problem?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I haven't actually seen them in a year as they moved out of state to be closer to her family, can I talk about the pictures and videos that my step mom posts on facebook?

Quoting locaporbebe:

You need to detail things they do together, their actions, trips, holidays. Your personal interactions with the 2 of them together, but be honest. 

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Just write about holidays, kids birthdays, any other family events they attend together, would be my guess.

Call immigration and ask or look on their website. Do they have an immigration attorney you can call?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM

She should just become a citizen

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

she is trying to thats why I have to write the letter lol it takes a little bit more than just signing a paper.

Quoting Anonymous:

She should just become a citizen

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

this is where  I hit a snag. I asked my dad for his Lawyers phone number a week and a half ago so that I could ask him and I am still waiting for it... my dad sucks at shareing information when it is needed. all he kept saying is "Just write a letter, all you need to do is write a letter" I got that dad but legal letters need to look a certian way and have certian information!! lol

Quoting msjaxon:

Just write about holidays, kids birthdays, any other family events they attend together, would be my guess.

Call immigration and ask or look on their website. Do they have an immigration attorney you can call?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)