Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mom might of had a heart attack at only 50

Posted by   + Show Post
please i am at the hospital waiting. distract me. ask me something. anytging.

thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM
All should be ok.. Just dint stress out too much... I remember everyone stressing made me stress more...

you all will make it through... I have proximal superventricular tachycardia... My medicine brought it to light and caused the heart attack in me... Well that and mowing half my lawn, lol...

Everything happens for a reason, maybe they'll find something to help her thyroid better or maybe it'll be the start to a healthier way of life (not saying she's not healthy, just making reasons) ... You never know...

I know I changed my diet, appreciated everything more, fell in live with life. It changed me... The realization of my mortality, lol..

Good luck, don't forget to breathe

Quoting snowpeasmom:

thanks. my mom has had tacy cardia due to her thyroid. so that might be why, plus she was stress at work, she final just last week got a new position

Quoting Lucky2BaMomof2:

I had a heart attack at 25... Due to a birth defect in my heart, that we didn't know about.. It's fixed now, I'm 28... Hugs!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM
My mom started juicing about 15 yrs ago after some horrifying test results. Within 3 months everything was back to normal.

My thyroid is slow too I take kelp for the iodine in it. Helps a lot.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

i am hoping, my allergies are getting worst the older i get. and my mom thyroid ia hypo right now ao she is putting on weight. my mom wanted to wait until next week to fast cause she has the week off so while detoxing tge first three days she can at home.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

It is a wonderful way to eliminate toxins pit of your body. We juice everyday and feel awesome.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

whats funby is we were watching fat sick and nearly dead last night, and i bought a juicer and next week we were both going to do a 10 day juice fast.

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
:( Well hopefully it was minor. Even then it's scary. I should brush up on my early female heart attack symptoms, I have heart disease on both sides of the family.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

we were all having our monthly lunch as a family, my brother first noticed she was crying, so he asked if she was ok, she shook her head, then started talking to him about movies. she started looking worst, ao he asked if ahe wanted to go? she said yes, i said home or hospital (she had a horrible cough cold for the last 8 days, she went to urgent care three days ago thinking it might be broncitus) she was coughing at lunch so we just thought it might be that. she said no the hositial my chest is tight it hurts down my arm. she thought it was a heart attack, so my dad left with my mom and my brother and i had the waitress wrap our lunch and we headed over. they are doing an ekg right now

Quoting lalaboosh:

Oh, man! My grandad died in his 50s of a heart attack. Scary stuff! What happened, like what symptoms and do you know how bad it is yet? My mom was diagnosed with Alziemer's at 57. Different, I know, but sick parents iss a scary thing. <3

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM
my mom had her thyroid radiated about 15 years ago. but we will look in to kelp still. she loves spinich.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My mom started juicing about 15 yrs ago after some horrifying test results. Within 3 months everything was back to normal.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

i am hoping, my allergies are getting worst the older i get. and my mom thyroid ia hypo right now ao she is putting on weight. my mom wanted to wait until next week to fast cause she has the week off so while detoxing tge first three days she can at home.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

It is a wonderful way to eliminate toxins pit of your body. We juice everyday and feel awesome.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

whats funby is we were watching fat sick and nearly dead last night, and i bought a juicer and next week we were both going to do a 10 day juice fast.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
This is what I take Nature's Way Kelp. It has 180 capsules which is a 6 months supply. I paid about $15 online.

It has 400mcg of iodine in it.

Another plus side kelp is a natural laxative but not over powering at all.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

my mom had her thyroid radiated about 15 years ago. but we will look in to kelp still. she loves spinich.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I'm sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM

My mom is 51 and has 4 stents and has already had a heart attack!  We have a major history of it!  In my family you'll die from cancer or heart problems before the dementia or alzheimers kicks in!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My dad had a heart attack at 50. He almost died. But he is still with us 6years later. It took a heart assist pump and a heart transplant. But he is holding strong. Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.
SoKamele
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I'm sorry. I pray your mom is ok.

My mom died of a massive heart attack at the age of 52. No warning.

It's terrible. Women react differently during heart attacks than men...and have a higher chance of dying. I wish more women were informed about heart diease and heart attacks.

Apple11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I hope your mom is ok.

I lost my dad in 2001 to a sudden massive heart attack in his sleep. He was only 45 when he died and is greatly missed, there is a void in my life that will never be filled. One comfort I have is he always said when it was his time to go he wanted to go in his sleep and he got his wish.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)