Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mom might of had a heart attack at only 50

Posted by   + Show Post
please i am at the hospital waiting. distract me. ask me something. anytging.

thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (21-27):
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:21 AM
she didnt have a heart attack, but they said something is wrong they dont what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngylJen
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM

My mother had a mini heart attack at 45, they did open heart surgery and 6 months later had a bad heart attack. She had stents put in, and she's 52 now and doing fine. 

Remember, it's scary..but a heart attack isn't the end.. shes at the hospital so shes in good hands. I pray for a quick recovery!! Please update us.. 

AngylJen
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM

You said she was coughing and sick before? Could be muscleloskeletal.. could make your chest pain and arm as well.. im praying its nothing

Quoting snowpeasmom:

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:49 AM
what is that? they have her on a 72 hour watch. and she is having a stress test tomorrow.

Quoting AngylJen:

You said she was coughing and sick before? Could be muscleloskeletal.. could make your chest pain and arm as well.. im praying its nothing

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Do you want a joke? I have a few I can share.

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:54 AM
i just got home from the hospital and am putting my son to sleep maybe later.thank you.

Quoting Aleta775:

Do you want a joke? I have a few I can share.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngylJen
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM

When a person goes into the ER with heart attack symptoms, they mostly always keep them for 3 days. They will monitor them on the telemetry floor.. and either give blood thinners every 12 hours, or take blood to check the enzymes for damaged cells.. when a person has a heart attack, the muscle is damaged due to no oxygen getting to the heart. Thats what shows in the blood tests. So if it rises, its most likely a heart attack. An EKG can only show so much, basically what is happening to the heart within that 10 second period so its not an accurate test. I am glad they are doing a stress test..and I really do hope for the best.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

what is that? they have her on a 72 hour watch. and she is having a stress test tomorrow.

Quoting AngylJen:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)