Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my exdh let our 17 year old move in with a boy*update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 305 Replies

so my dd(17) wanted to live with her dad cool whatever she wants to see how living with her dad is, my one rule is she has to keep good grades or she's back living with me. so this morning i called my exdh to get dd's grades and he said "oh the card doesnt come here anymore, they go to her apartment" HER WHAT?!?! apperently my exdh let my dd move into an apartment with a boy (who graduated last year) 2 months ago, and they hid it from me!!!! im about to march my ass up to the school and take her back home

my exdh is a moron im gonna punch him in the face when i see him

update: went to the apartment, the guy was there, nasty huge holes in his ears, piercings all over his face (literally). walked in and the place looked decent, not dirty, no dishes in the sink, probably my dd's doing because this guy looks greasy and nasty, i tell him to give me my dd's work address and when she gets off work. he gives the address and the hours and i leave, telling him id be back with dd to get her things, when i get to my dd's work place walked right back to the kennels and found her playing with the dogs.....when she turned her back to me i saw the biggest tattoo on her back this guy took her to get a tattoo, she has even more piercings now also.

she got off at 6 so we go back to her place and i tell her to pack up her stuff, she just crossed her arms and tells me "no, i pay half the bills and half the rent you cant tell me to do shit" i walked straight back to her room  and packed all of her things myself, as im walking back to the door she just says "Jack works at a clothing store i can just get more for free" i just put her bag down and say "if you get pregnant before you graduate and have a real job dont come crawling back to me crying" she just laughs at me saying "thanks for thinking im that stupid mom, you can get out of my house now"

im calling my lawyer in the morning to see what i can do, now to drive 2 1/2 hours back home

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
You know there is a group about ex idiots.
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Wow. Good luck with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jarkrt
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM
This isn't going to go in your favor.
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Can he lose whatever custody he has left! I'd want to kick his ass too! I might come help! That's just crazy. She could be coming home to you pregnant! Wow! I feel for you my dear!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Quoting LilliesValley:

Can he lose whatever custody he has left! I'd want to kick his ass too! I might come help! That's just crazy. She could be coming home to you pregnant! Wow! I feel for you my dear!

ugh i just hope shes using what i taught her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Quoting jarkrt:

why? i had no idea 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jarkrt:

why? i had no idea 

agreed.  They hid this from you, right?  Presumably she drives so when you see her she drove to your house?  Did you have any reason to know that she wasn't at her dad's each night?

jarkrt
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Offhand, if she is registered in school, and not being a truant, often the police won't touch it because she is 17. Of course, that's not always the case.

Now, maybe the school will do something if the apartment in which she resides is not in the same district as the school. Who enrolled her in her current school? And what address do they have on file as her residence? She still needs a parent to enroll her in school.

I'm just telling you this from personal experience. I moved out at 17 from my dad's. I lived with an uncle of my mom's (my mom did not live at my uncle's). However, my dad had to agree to release the records from my old school to the new one, so my mom could enroll me. My dad had legal and physical custody of me.

So if you are hell bent on stopping her, which may be almost pointless if she is close to 18, what I'm telling you about the school is the quickest way to cut her off at the pass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jarkrt:

why? i had no idea
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Quoting jarkrt:

Offhand, if she is registered in school, and not being a truant, often the police won't touch it because she is 17. Of course, that's not always the case.

Now, maybe the school will do something if the apartment in which she resides is not in the same district as the school. Who enrolled her in her current school? And what address do they have on file as her residence? She still needs a parent to enroll her in school.

I'm just telling you this from personal experience. I moved out at 17 from my dad's. I lived with an uncle of my mom's (my mom did not live at my uncle's). However, my dad had to agree to release the records from my old school to the new one, so my mom could enroll me. My dad had legal and physical custody of me.

So if you are hell bent on stopping her, which may be almost pointless if she is close to 18, what I'm telling you about the school is the quickest way to cut her off at the pass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jarkrt:

why? i had no idea

the school knows her appt address and her dad just went to the school to register her thats all, put all the adresses as the apartment shes at now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jarkrt:

why? i had no idea 

agreed.  They hid this from you, right?  Presumably she drives so when you see her she drove to your house?  Did you have any reason to know that she wasn't at her dad's each night?

yeah,she comes down on the weekends and yeah she was driving the car i got her for her birthday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN