Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SUCCESS! Label GMOs!!!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 18 Replies
4 moms liked this

LabelitWA got enough signatures to get on the ballot! I am so excited that we now will have an opportunity to vote to label foods made with GMOs! This will make it so much easier for people to learn and make better choices! EXCITE! Let's talk about GMOs now. GO!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I voted against it. There is no scientific proof that gmo food have any effect on our health. Granted they probably aren't that great for us but we don't have $ to spend on making the rules about the labels and enforcing them. Some of the proposed labels don't make any sense anyway. Why would company's have to label dog food containing gmo beef but not beef for human comsumption?

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I think pet food should be labeled, too. I don't think tax payer dollars would be used for private corporations to label their food. There is research linking GMOs with cancer and obesity, I haven't seen any impartial studies saying GMOs come without risk. Even if it's safe to consume GMOs are bad for the environment and we should have the right to choose products for whatever reason. Labels will help us make those choices.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

I voted against it. There is no scientific proof that gmo food have any effect on our health. Granted they probably aren't that great for us but we don't have $ to spend on making the rules about the labels and enforcing them. Some of the proposed labels don't make any sense anyway. Why would company's have to label dog food containing gmo beef but not beef for human comsumption?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

bump :)

Jcouch99
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

LABEL ALL THE FOODS!!!!

Kitschy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM

YES!

coronado25
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Hurray, now people can see that I care because you could not PAY me to buy organic.  And I will be happy to show the world my cart full of GMO clearly labeled foods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 AM

I heard about this, too! I just moved to Eastern WA from a different state, and didn't even know this was in the works. I'm super happy to be here now!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM

What a ridiculous thing to say.

So you're telling me...if you had 2 canned food items in your hands, same price, neither are organic, one is labeled GMO and the other is not, you would purposely pick the one labeled GMO? For what logical reason?

Quoting coronado25:

Hurray, now people can see that I care because you could not PAY me to buy organic.  And I will be happy to show the world my cart full of GMO clearly labeled foods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:48 AM
What's gmo?
MommieSDW
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I'll vote for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)