Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Home owners- how much did you buy your house for?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mine was $199,900

It's 1800sq ft. With 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 1 acre.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (61-70):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

About 1,500 sq. feet, four bed (well, three bed and an attic we are turning into another bedroom), one bath, a shed, an acre of land including woods and a stream, we bought it for $20,000.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

122,000 three bed one bath. 1600 sq feet

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

It's all about the "I have more than you do" sort of post I suppose. 

Quoting furbabymum:

Why would anyone share this?

They day I care what Joe Blow on CM spent on their house and how large it is is the day I blow my brains out.

Plus, I would just never tell anyone what I spent on my house. It's really no one's business.

LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM
$68,000....1800sqft. 4 bedroom, 3 full baths two car garage on 2 acres. It's awesome for a beginner house but I'm ready to get something bigger! In two year we have outgrown this house pretty quick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I bought mine 15 years ago: 2700square feet, 1/3 acre with open space behind (no neighbors!), 4 bedrooms, 2/12 baths, fully finished basement, metro NYC area cost: $241,000

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM

$426,000. 4 bed, plus den/3bath.

MrsRi
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Yep, it's a TON of work, we plan on being finished by the end of this year or middle of next though.  We've had a lot of friends helping us with the clean out, we have a great contracting company that will do the stuff we can't and we're excited to kinda build it the way we want.  We're restoring some of the original pieces, re-exposing all the amazing brink work and moldings and fireplaces.  There's an amazing spiral staircase that was blocked off from the kitchen up to the back second floor and we're going to re-open it and make a lounge/loft area over the kitchen.  It looks super rough now, but... My other family members house next door was similar to that when she bought it and it took her about three years and now her house is fantastic.  So we can't wait.

Quoting chattycassie:

My mom bought a house like that in SD that was renovated into seperate appartments it was a LOT of work but worth the low asking price she paid.

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM

It's public record. Anyone can do a search of homes, what the assessed value is, tax rate, etc.... 

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting furbabymum:

They day I care what Joe Blow on CM spent on their house and how large it is is the day I blow my brains out.

Plus, I would just never tell anyone what I spent on my house. It's really no one's business.

pristine729
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM
$0 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom ranch
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM

K but why would you CARE and why would you SHARE?

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

It's public record. Anyone can do a search of homes, what the assessed value is, tax rate, etc.... 

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)