Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Direct sales advice?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm just restarting my direct sales business and for right now can only afford supplies to have one party going at a time. Last time around I did okay but i'd really like to make this successful now- we need the money. What are some tip I could use to do well? I'm hoping I can get my customer base back and I would like to broaden what I do. Also how can I increase sales at my parties? Before I was lucky if most parties hit $200 which is low for this business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM

BUMP!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

what products are you selling?

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Am I allowed to say? I don't want to get into trouble... I'm just looking for general advice.

Quoting km1970:

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM

if you don't want to say the company name...just a general description...is it make up? cookware, sex toys? I used to sell romance enhancement products through direct sales.

Quoting Cassie2115:

Am I allowed to say? I don't want to get into trouble... I'm just looking for general advice.

Quoting km1970:

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

candle-like products.

Quoting km1970:

if you don't want to say the company name...just a general description...is it make up? cookware, sex toys? I used to sell romance enhancement products through direct sales.

Quoting Cassie2115:

Quoting km1970:

Jeremmy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I dont have a business...but i am more likely to go to a sale with giveaways and stuff like that. Also, serving food and drink and a nice time for everyone to get together. That way, everyone wants to come to the parties to hang out, but than ends up buying. Giving samples to family and friends so that they get to know the scents and than want to buy more...basically, spend money to make money.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Ok...so first thing you want to get good at is hostess coaching. Keep in contact with her, help her get ideas on who to invite, get her excited about the benefits of being a hostess and having a profitable party..ie free/discounted product..etc. Encourage her to get as many outside sales(catalog sales for people who can't make it to the party.) Offer an extra incentive if she gets X amount of dollars in outside sales. Give her an extra incentive if she get X amount of people to her party..etc.

At the party, offer an incentive if each person spends X amount. It doesn't have to be huge, if your company offers discounted merchandise to you, pass it on as an incentive. For instance, if a person spends say, $50...and your company had a killer sale on a specific candle that you could by for cheap, offer that back to those spending $50 at your cost. Or offer to pay the sales tax if they spend X amount..get creative with incentives.

If your company doesn't have bundle deals..create some of your own.

Offer extra incentives to your hostess if X amount of parties are booked off of hers...

Play a booking game...pass around a basket that has pieces of paper with booking specials in them. Tell everyone at the party that if they would like to book a party, they can pull out a piece of paper and get an extra incentive at their party..

Hope this helps.

Quoting Cassie2115:

candle-like products.

Quoting km1970:

Quoting Cassie2115:

Quoting km1970:

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM

BUMP!

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

sharyn31gifts
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I hate to say this but I use to myself be in a candle party business and was not sucessful.  I now do another direct sales company and my average party is $850 and it almost sells itself.  Yes I agree hostess coaching is very important but if the product is not going to sell or is a product that can be bought any where I don't think it matters.  That is what I found with the candle business.  I use to hear that this product could be bought almost any where.  I think the most successful thing about a home business it the uniqueness and quality that can't be bought other places.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN