Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i immature?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
OK in September my home was burglarized. It really effed with my sense of security. Dh works nights so its always just me and dd here, I refuse absolutely refuse to answer the door ESP when its dark if ibdont know the person. I will look out the window and if I don't know them or I'm not expecting someone I walk away and allow my dogs to bark at the door until said guest leaves. My friend said I'm immature but i don't think I am! I'll add she has no kids and still lives at home with her parents if that matters any.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM
This came up because we were on the phone and some guy (looked like maybe a jehovas witness but idk for sure) came to the door and I wouldn't open it. I said "no thank you" and walked away
Mommyof3girl874
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I don't answer the door either after dark n my so isn't here.... If its dark n I don't know you sry come back during the day

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quoting Mommyof3girl874:

I don't answer the door either after dark n my so isn't here.... If its dark n I don't know you sry come back during the day

That's my thought too! Nothing can be that important to risk me or dd
Iron_Beauty
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I don't think thats immature, a bit paranoid maybe, BUT being paranoid could be the difference between another bust in and staying safe!

tinkerbelle18
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Considering you had a scary experience of someone breaking into your home, I'd say you arent immature. If you acted like that with no valid reason, it would be a different story. Having someone break in is very frightening.

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

nope i dont think thats immature. it's the samething as loking at my cell phone when someone calls and if i dont recognize the number i dont answer.

QTMom2302
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I don't think you're immature at all. That's protecting yourself & your family. I won't answer the door either if it's someone I don't recognize. I just let the dogs bark. 

emptyreliquary
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No, that's not immature, that's being safe and smart. However, I do think its immature of your friend to call you immature for doing so. lol

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I don't think that is immature, especially if you are alone!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

If i get an unexpected knock on the door at night I actually answer it, I do so with a gun. There was a rape in my on my street not to long ago; I am alone most of the time and will not be taking any chances. You are not immature, you are cautious and that is smart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured