Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I get welfare and im not ashamed

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 120 Replies
3 moms liked this

I get cash assistance which i will be using to get my baby stuff for her first day of preschool, i get food stamps, and starting monday i will be getting childcare. Why? Because when i was enrolled in college my first semester my classes were all over the place. Some were in the morning afternoon and night. I tried looking for a job and i couldn't find one. So after months of looking and no results i decided in march of 2012 i would apply for food stamps. A few months later i applied for tanf. Do i like being on it no i don't but i gotta do what i gotta do until her dad is served with child support papers. I'll admit from june until november i did nothing i wasn't in school i wasn't actively looking for a job because i was tired and needed my rest. This year is going to be totally different. Since all of my classes are in the afternoon i can work somewhere in the morning. Judge all you want i don't care one bit.

I don't know why some of you sound pissed and bitter about me taking a 6 month break ecspecially you stay at home moms you don't work you dh does so be quiet lol. I never said i was proud i never said i was entitled i said i wasn't ashamed because of it. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenn31
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Why are you telling us?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

At least you aren't posting this anonmously......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Not judging you.  You do whatever you need to do for you and your little girl.   I was on PA for years.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess I don't understand that attitude. I'm almost done with welfare (done with cash, on food for 5 more months and low-cost medical for another year for the kids), and I was always ashamed to be on it. I was ashamed that I needed the help. I don't understand how anyone would NOT be ashamed of being unable to support themselves. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM
4 moms liked this

it happens... life throws you obsticals an all you can do is work threw them

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you got all of your classes in the afternoon so you can go back to work. Hope you find a job soon.

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM
6 moms liked this
Crazy how people think that they can't work and go to school now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM

If you don't care what we think.... why are you telling us? And I disagree with the "tired" thing. If everyone just laid around because they were tired... how well would that work? Glad you are in college, though, so hopefully you can make a better life for yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I wish I could have gone to school for free and get paid.
kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM
3 moms liked this

if i need help im not ashamed to ask for it i mean thats what its for.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I guess I don't understand that attitude. I'm almost done with welfare (done with cash, on food for 5 more months and low-cost medical for another year for the kids), and I was always ashamed to be on it. I was ashamed that I needed the help. I don't understand how anyone would NOT be ashamed of being unable to support themselves. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)