Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I get welfare and im not ashamed

Posted by   + Show Post

I get cash assistance which i will be using to get my baby stuff for her first day of preschool, i get food stamps, and starting monday i will be getting childcare. Why? Because when i was enrolled in college my first semester my classes were all over the place. Some were in the morning afternoon and night. I tried looking for a job and i couldn't find one. So after months of looking and no results i decided in march of 2012 i would apply for food stamps. A few months later i applied for tanf. Do i like being on it no i don't but i gotta do what i gotta do until her dad is served with child support papers. I'll admit from june until november i did nothing i wasn't in school i wasn't actively looking for a job because i was tired and needed my rest. This year is going to be totally different. Since all of my classes are in the afternoon i can work somewhere in the morning. Judge all you want i don't care one bit.

I don't know why some of you sound pissed and bitter about me taking a 6 month break ecspecially you stay at home moms you don't work you dh does so be quiet lol. I never said i was proud i never said i was entitled i said i wasn't ashamed because of it. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (101-110):
mamabirch88
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Ikr. I work 50-60 hours a week and still go to school. To each their own. Not my place to judge. But I couldn't do it and not be ashamed.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Crazy how people think that they can't work and go to school now.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM

lol You felt entitled to a 6 month break.  Guessing you were spoiled as a child or your parents raised you on pa.  Which is it?

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You were tired for like 6 months? You seriously sound entitled.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

The last part of this post is just funny, the reason SAHMs get to stay at home is because they chose wisely, the fathers of their children, you didn't!  Entitled America, funny and disgraceful all at the same time!

Ireallydontcare
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Oh fuck off

Ireallydontcare
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Sweet Jeezus it happened again. I agree with you.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

The last part of this post is just funny, the reason SAHMs get to stay at home is because they chose wisely, the fathers of their children, you didn't!  Entitled America, funny and disgraceful all at the same time!

TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Here's the thing, you need it but you're working to get off of it.

I was on PA at one point, ad I also busted my ass to get off of it.

It's the people that DON'T try to get off of it that deserve negative judgement.

You should never feel ashamed to ask for help. Even if that help is financial assistance. But you should have the decency to work to pay it back, which is what you're doing. So go you! Good luck with school!
angevil53
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Needed your rest from june to nov? I guess it's easy to sleep when someone else is paying your bills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Yes my dh may be the one working, but I'm not the one mooching off the government.... big difference!
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You should be ashamed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN