Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I get welfare and im not ashamed

Posted by   + Show Post

I get cash assistance which i will be using to get my baby stuff for her first day of preschool, i get food stamps, and starting monday i will be getting childcare. Why? Because when i was enrolled in college my first semester my classes were all over the place. Some were in the morning afternoon and night. I tried looking for a job and i couldn't find one. So after months of looking and no results i decided in march of 2012 i would apply for food stamps. A few months later i applied for tanf. Do i like being on it no i don't but i gotta do what i gotta do until her dad is served with child support papers. I'll admit from june until november i did nothing i wasn't in school i wasn't actively looking for a job because i was tired and needed my rest. This year is going to be totally different. Since all of my classes are in the afternoon i can work somewhere in the morning. Judge all you want i don't care one bit.

I don't know why some of you sound pissed and bitter about me taking a 6 month break ecspecially you stay at home moms you don't work you dh does so be quiet lol. I never said i was proud i never said i was entitled i said i wasn't ashamed because of it. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM
There's this thing called deferment. Where you don't have to start paying for your out of pocket loans till you are done with school. It's how I was able to go.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

If she is not working how is she paying for school? Somebody is paying for it

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh.. where does she say she is going to school for free? Assume much?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish I could have gone to school for free and get paid.

kaykaymomi10
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I don't have bills

Quoting angevil53:

Needed your rest from june to nov? I guess it's easy to sleep when someone else is paying your bills.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaykaymomi10
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Um I'm not anon

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

If you are not ashamed, why are you anon?

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:19 AM

SOrry about that... It was an oversight.  Multitasking is not always a good thing.  I am glad that you are not ashamed, no need to be. It sounds like you are using the program for what is meant for, to help you....not support you.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
You mean you don't eat? Don't use electric? Don't have a place to sleep. Maybe you just feel it's your right to use everyone else and not just the government too. You are what's wrong with America. You daughter will be what's wrong with America.

Quoting kaykaymomi10:

I don't have bills

Quoting angevil53:

Needed your rest from june to nov? I guess it's easy to sleep when someone else is paying your bills.

jen2150
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM

If you don't want to be judged then you shouldn't be judging others.  I don't look down on anyone for trying to better themselves.  Why do you feel the need to attack SAHM's.  We work just as hard as anyone else.  I working harder right now than when I was working 30 hours per week and going to college.  I had on campus jobs in school.  Most on campus jobs work around your schedule.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM

How do they let you stay on without actively having a job? I was required to work at least 30 hours a week when I was on it (7 years ago). Have times changed that much?

mamalove619
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Thats cool?
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I am all for PA but you my dear are abusing the system. Sorry but true. Also i respect you are not ANON

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM

why the HELL did you have a baby with ABSOLUTELY NO means to support it????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured