Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A messy house=happy kids...um no

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 232 Replies
7 moms liked this
Alright, so I'm constantly seeing that stupid quote and its getting on my damn nerves...because frankly it just gives sahm's a reason to be lazy. Yup, I said it. Moms who stay at home and choose to let things go are LAZY! " Oh, I rather spend time with my kids than clean my house all day." Um, no you don't, your just lazy. Here is my proof that you can have happy, healthy, NON neglected children AND be productive during the day.
Today, I woke up at 6, and one of the kids I watch ( she's 7 and doesn't go back to school until Mon) came at 7. My boys, 2 and 5 woke up shortly after and I made them breakfast. Before I cleaned up breakfast we played Scrabble Jr. They played while I thoroughly cleaned my kitchen. After I was done with the kitchen, we played Quelf Jr. They went back to the playroom while I cleaned my bathroom, dusted and vacuumed. I then made everyone lunch, cleaned it up, got the kids all washed up, and I layed down with all of them with some books. I then left them with their books, and a show while I took my shower. When I came down it was time to go get 2 more kids that I watch (7 and 9) from their bus stop. We had to make a trip to the store then came he. I gave them all snacks and we colored, played and did whatever together for a while. It was then time for me to start my sauce for spaghetti and meatballs. ( yes, from scratch) Got the hub up at 5:30 ( he works thirds) and after kids left we ate dinner.
Did the kids act like wild banshees at times today? DUH
Did I lose my cool and yell a few times? You bet your ass I did.
Am I exhausted? Fuck yes!
But you know what? I'm now perfectly relaxed in my nice clean house with wonderfully happy children.
This debate can now officially end, because I just proved all y'all s lazy asses wrong about a messy house equaling happy kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM
8 moms liked this

....not getting into this one. *walks out of post*
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
25 moms liked this
I never feel the need to give a play by play of my day.
lilfishbigocean
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I'm far from what you just described, so I don't think this post was directed towards me..
*backs out, but watches quietly*. This could get interesting.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
5 moms liked this
Uh all you did was clean your kitchen?
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
5 moms liked this

whoopee for you. i have two newborns who both want to eat and be held all the time and a two year old who just wants some time to play with me. no, my house is not spotless and I could care less.

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree. Besides, my 7-y-o twins love to help me clean up, too. Teaches them good habits and we make it fun. I'm trying to teach them to enjoy taking care of the household. None of us enjoy the house when it's a dump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM

why do you feel the need to justify yourself? not all stay at home moms sound so insecure as you do, either.

beco8627
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Its to prove a point...wasn't a play by play either because I could've added in the shitty diapers I changed, runny noses I blew, the amount of times I had to play referee, when I went pee, how many times I farted...i mean, I really could go on

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I never feel the need to give a play by play of my day.

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM

My mom lived by that saying.   I hated it.  I hated her constantly around, I simply wanted, sometimes, some time to myself.  I wanted a clean, neat house that I could bring my friends to. 

Didn't get either of those until I moved out.

-spork2.0-
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Well. Uhm. Dh and I both work full time and like our home time to be spent playing with our kids not cleaning.. so yes. Our house is cluttered with toys and drawings and paintings etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured