Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FML! I can NOT afford this right now!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

so I am on my way to drop of a package at the post office and I hear POP THUNK THUNK THUNK. in my head I am thinking $#@!@#$$#@@@#$$%$%%$##@@!# (enter your chosen expletives here)

so I pull over into the nearest gas station (luckily this is also my place of emplyment) big fat freaking FLAT tire.

UGH.

so I open my trunk and try to get my spare out,

oh did I mention its 14 degrees out? oh well yeah its 14 degrees out while I am doing this.

I have no gloves and I am in tears. after 10 minutes of fighting I go inside to see if ANY of the guys that work there are in tonight. thats a big fat NO.

CRAP.

I am seriously about to have a melt down at this point.

then, thank you God a regular customer sees me and asks if its my car with the flat.

why yes, yes it is thanks for asking.

he offers to help me. he gets the spare out after 20 minutes of yanking, tugging, pulling, and finally pouring hot water over it.

then he goes to get the lug nuts off.... and nothing. he was practically jumping on the thing trying to get them off and no such luck. he has to leave and I call EVERYONE in my phone book...including three ex's (one was ds' dad... the others are.... well thats a story for another post) and no one answers their phones.

now I am in tears... sobbing actually. I call my BFF and she and her hubby show up. he does the one thing I didn't think of... he puts Fix-A-Flat in it. it holds and I go to discount tire, thinking it was just the one tire, I would get a 30 dollar used one and get them all replaced when taxes come back.

I get there, I am still crying (no longer sobbing but still pretty upset) and they take a look at it, oh hey GUESS WHAT! all but 1 tire are bald $#@$%# they can not change one with out changing all the legally bald tires.

CRAP!

oh hey guess what I'm crying again, I can't afford 3 new tires and they only have one used tire even close to what I need.

did I mention that I already got there 5 minutes after they closed and they were going to help me anyway? yeah I did and yeah they were awesomely nice about it too. so then on top of all of that they put the 3 tires on, only charged me for 2 and gave me a credit for one of the tires because it had been bought at discount tire sometime in the past 4 years (I bought the car in October) 

then the guy putting the tires on? yeah he was a friend of mines hubby. he took off the instilation charge knocking the price down even more. 

I love these guys and will SO be going there forever and ever and ever and ever lol

thats my bad day story for the night guys. tare me apart you know you want to.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Awww. I'm glad it worked out for you! And i feel ya on the crying. My son spilled my glass of wine tonight while i was cooking super and doing laundry, and sweeping.. Ya know the whole single mom thing. Yeah, one glass knocked over brought me to tears. Just stress and frustration and the fact that i should have never been doing this alone. :-( So, your not the only person crying for"no reason"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I'm in MI

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

SO asked me what state this is in. He said in VA and a good amount of other states, what you're saying shouldn't have happened... What state are you in??

Quoting Anonymous:

does no tread on one and seeing cords on the other count? these tires weren't as safe as I thought they were. it was my friends hubby looking at them, I trust him to not try to screw me over. 

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

"I get there, I am still crying (no longer sobbing but still pretty upset) and they take a look at it, oh hey GUESS WHAT! all but 1 tire are bald $#@$%# they can not change one with out changing all the legally bald tires."

Someone's trying to swindle you, because that's about as true as me claiming to be the Queen of England. I asked SO, he's an automotive technician, and unless those tires were falling apart, or there was a severe safety hazard making your car unsafe to be on the road, they are supposed to just change the ONE tire you ask them to change, and nothing more. They are not 'legally' required to do shit about the bald ones unless you want a state inspection done. At least that's what he told me when I just asked him...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I'm glad everything worked out for you! But I had a worse day than you lol. I can laugh now that I'm home. 7 months pregnant, slid off the side of the road, no cell service area had my 3 year old with me and it was negative degree weather. UGH!!!!

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Awww I'm so sorry it sucked so bad but so glad it turned around for you.

There are still good people out there see :) chin up and learn to change a flat! Or get married! My husband is always handy for mine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Quoting Tesserae:

if you cry for that I'd hate to see how you handle my situation. my car has been in and out of the shop since mid November. I wish I just had a flat!

oh trust me, i have had my fair share of crap with this car don't get me wrong. (I had to replace 98% of my front end suspension in Nov)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM

oh no! I'm glad you got home ok!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad everything worked out for you! But I had a worse day than you lol. I can laugh now that I'm home. 7 months pregnant, slid off the side of the road, no cell service area had my 3 year old with me and it was negative degree weather. UGH!!!!

LilBabyVulcan
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Ahhh he said if memory serves him right, that MI is one of the states where if you have unsafe tires at all, then they can make you change every unsafe tire before letting you drive your car off. :( Sorry hun. At least you got discounts and such...

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in MI

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

SO asked me what state this is in. He said in VA and a good amount of other states, what you're saying shouldn't have happened... What state are you in??

Quoting Anonymous:

does no tread on one and seeing cords on the other count? these tires weren't as safe as I thought they were. it was my friends hubby looking at them, I trust him to not try to screw me over. 

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

"I get there, I am still crying (no longer sobbing but still pretty upset) and they take a look at it, oh hey GUESS WHAT! all but 1 tire are bald $#@$%# they can not change one with out changing all the legally bald tires."

Someone's trying to swindle you, because that's about as true as me claiming to be the Queen of England. I asked SO, he's an automotive technician, and unless those tires were falling apart, or there was a severe safety hazard making your car unsafe to be on the road, they are supposed to just change the ONE tire you ask them to change, and nothing more. They are not 'legally' required to do shit about the bald ones unless you want a state inspection done. At least that's what he told me when I just asked him...

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Bless your heart :( I'm glad there were so many nice people looking out for you today!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Does your hubby work in all 50 states? If not stfu. Here they have to change them all, they can't legally change 1 and leave 3 bald tires.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Fistandantalus
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Wow, what an awful time, I'm so glad the tire guys were cool to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN