Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a Labor & Delivery nurse

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

1. I don't like going to the OR for c-sections. Actually most of us don't.

2. Dad, stop asking me how much the baby weighs. I know you're excited, but your wife's vagina doesn't have a secret scale in there. The baby JUST came out and is lying on your wife's chest.

3. Stop commenting on how big your son's testicles are, it makes you seem perverted.

4. I don't have secret epidural agenda. In fact I don't really care what you do for pain management, I'm here to support whatever choice you make.

5. Grandma, its great you did it without an epidural, but don't make your daughter feel guilty if she chooses too .

6. Charge nurse, can I have a minute to go pee? I haven't gone in 8 hours!!

7. If your water breaks and you are GBS positive , do not wait 12 hours before coming in. Because. you. will. get. chorioamniotis.

8. No, Dr. I'm not increasing the pitocin if the baby is in fetal distress. We have a protocol jackass.

9. My hand doesn't have a telescope so nope, I don't know the color of your baby's hair.

10. What? You brought the nurses chocolate? We love you long time.

11. I don't mind picking up trash on your floor and wiping your behind and cleaning your vomit, but don't be fooled, I do have a Masters degree and I kinda know what I'm doing.

12. Moms, labor and delivery is the easy part. Trust me.

13. Not all babies are cute. But they all are precious.

14. Labor and delivery is an art and science. Most of us do care and enjoy our job.

15. Things can go badly quickly. I've seen it. Be flexible and open in your birth plan.

16. Birth is a miracle and amazes me EVERYTIME, And I've seen hundreds and hundreds of births. I've been known to cry on occasion!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
rvb146
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I always wondered what nurses in your field really thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually, moms frequently do bring us gift baskets and treats, we love it and I've never worked at a hospital where it isn't allowed.

The most horrible name I've heard was a little girl named Twatty Billows (I'm not even close to kidding, I can't make that up)...it was really hard to scrub the shock off my face and say, "Oh! Beautiful name! That's definitely different!".

armywife0424
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I hated having c sections. They're horrible! I get your rant, but I think most people are just excited.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
#9 made me lol.
Also, chocolate for the nurses just went on my hospital list. =]
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haymama
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
How long have you been a l&d nurse? What's the most frustrating part of your job?
ms.ames
1 mom liked this

Google it..

But beware if you're easily disgusted

Quoting Anonymous:

What the heck is a blue waffle?

Op- why didn't I think to bring chocolates? Maybe they would have smiled once or maybe even twice. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ever seen a blue waffle?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
'You don't want drugs? Well, I'll tell you if I think you need drugs.'
Bugger off!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=ms-android-att-us&tbo=d&v=141338691&tbm=isch&q=blue+waffles+disease+pictures&revid=1710934993&sa=X&ei=IIPnUMbvOvDx0wHR_oGgAg&ved=0CHAQ1QIoAA&biw=360&bih=640

Quoting Anonymous:

What the heck is a blue waffle?

Op- why didn't I think to bring chocolates? Maybe they would have smiled once or maybe even twice. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ever seen a blue waffle?
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmfao at we love you long time

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep! Same when I had my twins. lol

Quoting Rileyscute:

word..I hated the OR for my C-section..I am sure all involved did too

(twin birth..docs, residents, nursing staff, and 2 peds..it was a mad house in there)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)