Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG!!!!!!!! i took the cover off and roaches came out! EEWWWW

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
I baby sit and old coworkers kids. they dont have a washer or dryer and their dds car seat cover was really dirty, so i decided to wash it for them. when i took the cover(its a carry seat) roaches came crawling out. i had df take the cover and i started washing the seat with hot water right away. it was so nasty. it was infested. there was a nest in. im so grossed out right now, i need an effing shower(i used all my hot water so i have to wait)
My question is do i say something to them? i know they are clean ppl but they do live in an apartment. i know it is embarrasing to have bugs and i think they should know but i guess i dont know how to bring it up.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hudson.maggie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes I would and I'd get an exterminator to your house quick! Roaches are HORRIBLE and very hard to get rid of
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Yea i have seen a few the last month or in my house and i have bought roach killer and told my land lord. we thought it was from the standing water from a pipe leak. and they still havent sent anyone out

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Yes I would and I'd get an exterminator to your house quick! Roaches are HORRIBLE and very hard to get rid of
hudson.maggie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
:( I'd call one myself! Roaches are bad!! Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea i have seen a few the last month or in my house and i have bought roach killer and told my land lord. we thought it was from the standing water from a pipe leak. and they still havent sent anyone out

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cemommster
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Oh, they know. My bil moved in with us and brought the crap with him.  They def. know.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this

How do they not notice roaches in their baby's carseat?!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I'd just tell her you washed the car seat cover and a few roaches come out and you just wanted to let her know so she can call an exterminator...
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Yes, let them know there must be an infestation in their apartment building. Catnip is a good baby-safe roach repellent. They may want to consider placing some in her carrier when it's not in use.

CountryMomma123
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM

That is why I am glad the bug man comes around to the apratments where I live once a month. No bugs ever.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM

That is gross yes i would say something !

Whisperywind
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Oh honey - most definitely yes. With that kind of problem, though, they are probably already aware of it. Maybe offer to help...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN