Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should employees be required to get a flu shot?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 114 Replies

I read an article on yahoo today about a hospital that required all the employees to get a flu shot. 95% of the employees complied. Over a hundred employees did not (I think that number is right), but of those that didn't, only 8 were fired. One of those that was fired was a 61 yr old nurse, who had worked there for 22 yrs. Do you think they should have fired her? And if your job required you to get a flu shot, would you?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a job that required it and paid for it and I did. I worked with elderly and already comprised people so it just seemed like a good idea.

hellomilla
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM
That sounds ridiculous! We don't do flu shots in our house. I'm a SAHM so thankfully no one can "force" me into getting one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Eh.  Not like it helps.  Our hospital requires it.  WHen my husband went in, the nurse told him even though the staff complied they were short staffed because 1/2 were sick with the flu.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I don't think it's right for anyone to be forced or threatened to be fired over a flu shot. Not everyone wants that crap in their body. Just seems so wrong.
ms.ames
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Well it's public work. I know my mom was a nurse for elderly people and the flu shot was a requirement for her job. She worked in a private elderly people home

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:33 PM
No
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM

yes!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yes, she works in a medical field possibly around people with weakened immune systems,if she gets sick and passes it on it could kill them.

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM
If you work in the medical field yes especially if your working around elderly people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN