Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

other than 'mom' who are you?

Posted by   + Show Post

cuz i feel like i am nobody. =(

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I am Traci.  I am a mom, wife, daughter, sister, best friend, lover, co-worker, cancer and divorce survivor.  Been homeless, had car reposessed and I am a Christian who has an awesome relationship with Jesus Christ who has been there and gotten me through everything.  I love my kids and my husband however I refuse to lose my identity because of them.  If you say you have no identity, you need to find your identity.  I was at one time like you when I was in my 1st marriage and home all the time while hubby was deployed.  I made the decision to not lose my identity in kids, or whatever.  Good luck to the OP.

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

thats the thing i'm kind of afraid of. for the last 7 years, more than 7 years really (if you include the pregnancy), its been dedicated to being his mom, being his entire world, his everything... and i know that one day, that'll stop. one day, he'll go off to college, he'll be moving out on his own, he'll form his own interests/relationships, etc... and then that'll leave me with absolutely nothing at all. i know i'll be his mom my entire life and with that, the duties will change; from changing diapers to teaching him to read, teaching him to drive a car and eventually talking with him about any problems he has... but i dont want MY world to revolve around him, esp once he becomes the adult, making his own adult decisions. =(

Quoting hockeymom94:

You are not a nobody. When you are a mom, YOU are that childs whole world. 

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

any advice on finding yourself? i'm trying to get back in touch with who i used to be, but other than my music- i cant/dont want to be that person anymore... and i feel.. well- lost on how to find myself.

Quoting Mandahoney:

I am J's wife but I dont know who "I" am anymore.  Im working on finding "me" though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like I'm nobody, too.
hockeymom94
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting Shy_Dia:

thats the thing i'm kind of afraid of. for the last 7 years, more than 7 years really (if you include the pregnancy), its been dedicated to being his mom, being his entire world, his everything... and i know that one day, that'll stop. one day, he'll go off to college, he'll be moving out on his own, he'll form his own interests/relationships, etc... and then that'll leave me with absolutely nothing at all. i know i'll be his mom my entire life and with that, the duties will change; from changing diapers to teaching him to read, teaching him to drive a car and eventually talking with him about any problems he has... but i dont want MY world to revolve around him, esp once he becomes the adult, making his own adult decisions. =(

Quoting hockeymom94:

Do you have a career? Or a hobby? Or something you are really passionate about that makes you feel really good? 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Queen Zulu of the Mushroom People....I am a gnome.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

A mom, soon to be wife, a good friend, eccentric, giggly, moody, I'm Nadia.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Owner of a business. Friend, wife,daughter. Being mom is only part of who I am, the most important part but still only part. 

momof3boys1110
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I don't know. I'm somebody to everyone else but I'm nothing to me. I don't even know if that makes sense but that's how i feel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hockeymom94
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting hockeymom94:

Quoting Shy_Dia:

Quoting hockeymom94:

Do you have a career? Or a hobby? Or something you are really passionate about that makes you feel really good? 

I'm an engineer, a wife, an optimist,...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)