Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At the ER with my 3 year old and PRAYING my baby is okay! UPDATE 1/6

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

M

I took my 3 girls to open swim at the middle school tonight. We were getting ready to leave and 3 year old climbed up to the too of the bleachers. I was handling my middle DD her coat when I saw her at the top. I said "Oh No, Molly! " I started walking toward her to get her, and before I could. She stood up tried to take a step, tripped, and feel head first off the bleachers.

I picked her up, she was uncontious and then woke up crying. 1 minute later her nose started bleeding not stop. Then she puked. So now we are at the ER waiting for the doctor to see her. I am a basketcase! Poor thing!!!!!

Please pray for my baby girl!!

UPDATE

So sorry I have not been anble to update yet. It has been a hell of a couple days. And I am sorry if there are a lot of typos. I am beyond exhausted.

1st off, we were in the ER waiting room from 9;00 PM to 6:00 AM before being called in. That's right, 9 hours!!!!! I was beyond pissed. I was bugging them and pitching a fit every 1/2 hour to no avail from midnight on.....it was awful. I even called my doc office in there and he said to stick it out cus with a head injury if I left it could be considered neglect ! WTF??? Guess the ER can be neglectful not seeing her, but we leaving would be neglectful. Molly slept in my arms while I dozed a bit in the horrid uncomfortable unpadded chairs. I sat there most of the night in tears or stressed out to the max.

When we finally saw the ER doc he was pissed that we had waiting that long, and had me file a formal complaint before we left. But, he checked her out, did a CT scan and ultrasound of her bump. Turned out she has a very large hematoma (blot clot under the skin, a severe head injury and a bad concussion. They sent us home and we were told to observe her and make her stay still because if she ruptured the hematoma it could cause her to need a surgery to remove it. When we left she still had some slurred speech, and her head was hurting. But they said that was Normal and to call her doc if anything got worse or any new symptoms showed up.

Yesterday was a blur. I came home feeling like a zombie from lack of sleep and from the stress. My awesome DH sent me to bed even though he had to work playing into late into the night with his band.

I slept all day till 5:00 when he had to leave.

Molly was okay to start my evening with her. I actually started writing an update here when the 3 kids were watching a movie quietly. Then before I finished she was crying her head hurt and was gonna puke. She never puked but was acting confused and her speech was worse. I called my doc and he said it was from the concussion and Probally worse now cus she was tired. He said to watch her and wake her a few times during the night to check in her and to call in the AM if she was still having the symptoms. I took her to bed with me last night and basically did not sleep mylself tossing turning worrying about her.

This morning Molly woke up looking so much better. Then by 10:00 her speech was slurred again, she was saying weird random statements and she was off balance and complaining about her head and belly. So I called the doc them took her to walk in clinic. They said they think this is all from the concussion and elwill go away. And sadly the only way to do another CT is to send her to the ER. Which is NOT happening. They did an ultra sound of the spot and the hematoma has not spread. They called and scheduled a CT scan for tomorrow AM and I am seeing my doc 1st thing in the morning and if she is better and does not need the scan he will cancel it. But we will Probally do it to be sure all is good.

I can not believe I got through this update, my brain is shot. I am a wreck. I am sure she is gonna be fine, but the stress of the "what ifs" is killing me.

Molly just went down for nap and is laying beside me in my bed, and FIL is taking my other 2 out for ice cream so I am going to eat and maybe nap too. So if I do not respond to any posts that is why.

And BTW- for those bashing me for not watching her well enough to avoid this. Believe me I pissed at myself, but, this being my 3rd kid I know I can only do so much and these things happen. I had 3 kids out byysrlf and one has autism and is hard to keep reins on. So, I was doing my best. My middle had started to climb up the bleachers 5 minutes earlier and took her down and said no. Then after I got molly's coat was on and we were ready to go, I turned to give my middle DD her coat and that is when Molly climbed up. I saw her, said. "No, Molly" then she stood up tried to take a step and boom! I feel terrible, but that is why they are called accidents and Molly is a big climber.

And also for those bashing me about being on CM instead of caring for Molly, I did not post till after we had been there a while, I was bored out of my mind and stressed and Molly was sitting with my dad (her papa) watching Spongebob on his kindle. Then later when I replied she was sleeping on my lap while I was on CM cus I could not sleep and was stressed.

Judge all you want but i come here to this site toto give and get support with other moms and that is what I was coming here for.and the big amount of prayers from tge great mommies here in is so important too.

Do, anyway. I feel like I have been run over by a tractor and am exhausted. It has been such a rollercoaster ride and continues to be. I can not wait for it to be all over and hopefully Molly to be 100% fine.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you, to all the great moms on here and your wonderful support and prayers!!! :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Replies (341-349):
lovey75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow thats alot to deal with but I am praying for molly and sending healing thoughts your way! I have been thinking of this little sweetie since I readyour post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the update. I hope she is ok tomorrow morning and does not need the doc and you get some rest. Don't listen to those bashes. Accidents happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM

pittiesmom, no worries.

Scoutfamilyof7, that is aweful from start to finish.  I hope your little one continues to improve.  That is what I feel CM is supposed to be for.  Being able to reach out and get the support and prayers you need form other moms.  Thanks for sharing your story with me.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Because she had come at me with threatening texts and then was telling the story to the neighbors and every single time she changed the story about what she thought happened. She changed the story five times! Then finally admitted on FB that she was speeding because that is how she rolls ( her words not mine ) and she was lighting a cigarette. At first we were like no we are gonna leave it alone our insurance will cover it since we are military. About a week later I got a letter from Tricare saying they aren't paying anything as a third party was involved and this could come back on us. I was confused and went and talked to a lawyer who confirmed that we may be responsible for all the bills unless we go after her, well not really her but her car insurance company. After talking to my dh and mu dad for a while we decided it was our only real option. There are few loose ends to tie up but the money we are getting will go into a trust fund for our DD for when she turns 18. We never wanted money out of this for ourselves, we wanted a wrong to righted. The entire time we were in the hospital she came up once and the entire time kept Turing it to herself, my dad kicked her out. Then all the lies and stories she was telling, it was crazy!  Everyone who saw it happen knew she was speeding and not paying attention and it is all in the police report. The hospital was almost an hr away and she never once offered to bring us food or gas money so we could get back and forth to the other kids. It was all about her and how she felt. So now I am can breath a bit easier knowing we don't have to pay anything and that our DD gets the money from the suit not us.

Quoting pittiesmom:

May I ask why you decided to file a lawsuit against her?

@OP, sorry for the slight hijacking! Still praying your little one is okay.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

She has migraines like crazy and has horrible mood swings now. She seeing her DR once a month now and the last CT scan showed the crack still there but smaller. The "friend" that hit her traded her car in two days later. Then when she found out that we filed a law suit she took her kids, left her DH and skipped town. We are dealing with her head and mood swings the best we can. I am just grateful that it wasn't worse. Thank you for asking. I appreciate it. ;)

Quoting pittiesmom:

Hey! How is your little one doing? I don't know if had posted an update but I didn't see it. I was praying she would recover and for your friend/neighbor that hit her.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Sweetie, I hope she feels better. I kinda know how you feel, last July my DD was hit by a car and had to be intubated and air lifted to the children's hospital. WORST DAYS,WEEKS,MINUTES and Seconds of our lives. I came on here in the middle of the night after watching my baby breathing via machine. It was an outlet of sorts. I needed as many prayers and support as I could get. Most I would say 98% of the women were just that wonderful and supportive. That two percent well lets just say they were rude. It hurt at first because I was doubting everything all nice mom's were saying. Then I realized those women weren't worth the time because my baby was fighting for her little life. Hang in there and if you need a shoulder please feel free to PM. You baby girl is beautiful BTW. Oh and one more thing, as I have learned accidents happen and sometimes we can not control what happens in a split second. Our lives can change in an instant and sometimes there is nothing you can do and realize it was not your fault. Praying for a full recovery.

SnookiBoo
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Thinking positive thoughts for your baby. I hope she gets better soon.
pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I agree CM should be about supporting one another as mothers for sure. And for the most part it is, unless you run into a troll (starving them makes them go away), a perfect mommy, or a mom with a lego up her butt :-) Usually you can avoid them by visiting other groups besides Mom Confessions lol

Quoting Anonymous:

pittiesmom, no worries.

Scoutfamilyof7, that is aweful from start to finish.  I hope your little one continues to improve.  That is what I feel CM is supposed to be for.  Being able to reach out and get the support and prayers you need form other moms.  Thanks for sharing your story with me.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Because she had come at me with threatening texts and then was telling the story to the neighbors and every single time she changed the story about what she thought happened. She changed the story five times! Then finally admitted on FB that she was speeding because that is how she rolls ( her words not mine ) and she was lighting a cigarette. At first we were like no we are gonna leave it alone our insurance will cover it since we are military. About a week later I got a letter from Tricare saying they aren't paying anything as a third party was involved and this could come back on us. I was confused and went and talked to a lawyer who confirmed that we may be responsible for all the bills unless we go after her, well not really her but her car insurance company. After talking to my dh and mu dad for a while we decided it was our only real option. There are few loose ends to tie up but the money we are getting will go into a trust fund for our DD for when she turns 18. We never wanted money out of this for ourselves, we wanted a wrong to righted. The entire time we were in the hospital she came up once and the entire time kept Turing it to herself, my dad kicked her out. Then all the lies and stories she was telling, it was crazy!  Everyone who saw it happen knew she was speeding and not paying attention and it is all in the police report. The hospital was almost an hr away and she never once offered to bring us food or gas money so we could get back and forth to the other kids. It was all about her and how she felt. So now I am can breath a bit easier knowing we don't have to pay anything and that our DD gets the money from the suit not us.

Quoting pittiesmom:

May I ask why you decided to file a lawsuit against her?

@OP, sorry for the slight hijacking! Still praying your little one is okay.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

She has migraines like crazy and has horrible mood swings now. She seeing her DR once a month now and the last CT scan showed the crack still there but smaller. The "friend" that hit her traded her car in two days later. Then when she found out that we filed a law suit she took her kids, left her DH and skipped town. We are dealing with her head and mood swings the best we can. I am just grateful that it wasn't worse. Thank you for asking. I appreciate it. ;)

Quoting pittiesmom:

Hey! How is your little one doing? I don't know if had posted an update but I didn't see it. I was praying she would recover and for your friend/neighbor that hit her.

Quoting scoutfamilyof7:

Sweetie, I hope she feels better. I kinda know how you feel, last July my DD was hit by a car and had to be intubated and air lifted to the children's hospital. WORST DAYS,WEEKS,MINUTES and Seconds of our lives. I came on here in the middle of the night after watching my baby breathing via machine. It was an outlet of sorts. I needed as many prayers and support as I could get. Most I would say 98% of the women were just that wonderful and supportive. That two percent well lets just say they were rude. It hurt at first because I was doubting everything all nice mom's were saying. Then I realized those women weren't worth the time because my baby was fighting for her little life. Hang in there and if you need a shoulder please feel free to PM. You baby girl is beautiful BTW. Oh and one more thing, as I have learned accidents happen and sometimes we can not control what happens in a split second. Our lives can change in an instant and sometimes there is nothing you can do and realize it was not your fault. Praying for a full recovery.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarLight23
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

BUMP!

momof2891
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I'm sorry she's still having problems. Head injuries are not fun and def not something to ignore. I agree with the ER doc. She should have been taken straight back for tests and observation. I hope she feels better soon! And ignore the ones that have been bashing you. I have two kids and its hard to watch both of them sometimes. Good luck and hugs!
chefmartha
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I'm keeping your daughter in my thoughts. You did the right thing taking her to the ER. THEY should have seen her sooner. I hope she is feeling better soon. Head injuries are not something to mess around with.

slransde
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM
How's everything going with her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured