Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IF THEY CAN ONLY SAVE ONE. AND THE CHOICE IS YOURS...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If there were complications in your labor and the doctor say they could only save either you or your unborn baby. You only have 30 seconds to decide. What do you choose???

Options:

save me

save the baby

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 244

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Replies (111-120):
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i just feel like if i only had 30 seconds to respond, my motherly instincts would kick on (i mean especially in labor) and i'd shout BABY in a second.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

i can kinda understand not wanting to leave your children motherless, but more me, it would be my baby in a heartbeat. it wouldnt even be a hard decision, i'd shout SAVE THE BABY!

Quoting mich.el.le:

If you would pick yourself over your own child, I don't think you have ANY business being a mother. Disgusting.

Well sure, no one WANTS to leave their child without a mother. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Id hate to make a decision like this. I loved all my children before they were born. I'd have to say I'd save me though. I have four children, two with my ex and two with Dh. I know my younger two would be in good hands but my older two would then have to go be with their father. He's irresponsible and doesn't lead a stable life...I couldn't leave this earth with the thoughts of their futures being in his hands.
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM
My living children need their mother..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Me, my DH can't keep his job without a stay at home parent. If I passed away my DH would either have to quit his job and start a brand new career (not really a good option at this point) or sign over custody of our child to a family member that lives in another state (also not a really good option). However it depends on how many weeks I am and the viability of the baby... if it's late in the pregnancy and the baby is insured to be born healthy and live then I think I'd have a harder time picking myself.

MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Me.. I have 2 other kids.. and just cant see them being raised without me..

I know family would help, and my DH would be a great father.. But him/kids/family caring for a newborn + my other kids + mourning & trying to do my job as a mom.. :( ...

embersparkle
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM
My baby. My already born children would be well taken care of and loved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Me. I have 3 kids already. They shouldn't have to live a life without a mother. It sucks. I know from experience. Yes I know it sounds harsh. But I have lost a child ( my DD twin aborted at 5 months.) But I couldn't let my other children live without a mother

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Quoting LucyHourglass:

i just feel like if i only had 30 seconds to respond, my motherly instincts would kick on (i mean especially in labor) and i'd shout BABY in a second.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

i can kinda understand not wanting to leave your children motherless, but more me, it would be my baby in a heartbeat. it wouldnt even be a hard decision, i'd shout SAVE THE BABY!

Quoting mich.el.le:

If you would pick yourself over your own child, I don't think you have ANY business being a mother. Disgusting.

Well sure, no one WANTS to leave their child without a mother. 

It wouldn't matter if I had 30 seconds or 30 weeks. I could never choose myself over my child.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Oh, then I'd choose me, I have two kids right now and my babies that are on this earth right now need me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have other kids right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't vote, it depends on to many factors, do I have other kids? If so, then I'd choose myself, if I didn't I'd choose baby.

Theaterchick
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM
The baby. I lived my life and my kids have a wonderful dad :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)