Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IF THEY CAN ONLY SAVE ONE. AND THE CHOICE IS YOURS...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If there were complications in your labor and the doctor say they could only save either you or your unborn baby. You only have 30 seconds to decide. What do you choose???

Options:

save me

save the baby

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 244

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
i would want to save my unborn, but would choose me, because i have three kids who i couldnt bear to leave behind. i dont think i could go to the funeral of said child though, the guilt of seeing the sweet baby's face who i chose to die would kill me.
Tashina12
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I know who would be attempted to be saved, but I, myself, cannot make that decision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I have four kids and they are largely dependent on me for education, religion, medication, and security. I'd have to pick myself. All other circumstances I am pro life
Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
If it was my 1st birth it would be my child without hesitation but now that I have 4 children that need their mommy...that would be the longest 30 sec of my life as I struggled with that decision on whether to leave my other children motherless and save the baby OR let the child go and live to be there for my other children. Neither option is without heartache and I pray to God that this is something I NEVER have to experience but if I did I hope He would help me come to the right decision and help me (or my surviving family) cope with the outcome of whatever decision was made :(
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
This

Quoting RichMommy:

I have 3 other kids that need me
LenaChristina
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Me. I have two other kids who need me. If the situation is that grave, who's to say the unborn child would survive anyway.

Flame away...

happy41ce
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Me . My kids need their mom and my husband needs me
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Me my son needs his mom, and my husband would choose me too.
We had this discussion when I was pregnant with my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I just had a baby and I know I should say me that's the logical thing since I have a 4 year son also but I know for fact in the moment I would say my baby, I also know that If I lost my baby like that I would never be the same ever.
hddcooper
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I could never make that decision hypothetically. I have no idea what I would choose. Don't even want to think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)