Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOLD ON a second... S/O of the 1/2 of an abortion post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
4 moms liked this

So if you ladies are so adamant that the father should not have to pay for her abortion if he doesn't agree with it (which I'm not arguing, I back that 100%) then how can you claim that it's okay for me to pay for abortions out of my taxes?  To clarify, I'm pro-life... but understand that there's circumstances in which this procedure would be alright.  

Though I know in here it's almost impossible for it to not turn into a debate, I'm not looking for a pro-life vs pro-choice debate here.  Just wondering where we draw the line with financial responsibility... if the father doesn't have to pay for the womans choice, why the hell should I be forced to?  I didn't knock her up.... I wasn't part of the "two to tangle" (did anyone catch that?  lol) equation.   

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM
If you had to pay for others abortions, she wouldn't be worried about the money...tax payers would just pay. Common sense. And it isn't OUR money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Wait, what?  I didn't say pay for HER abortion personally, but yes, the tax payers DO fund abortions.... do you not know that?  

Quoting Anonymous:

If you had to pay for others abortions, she wouldn't be worried about the money...tax payers would just pay. Common sense. And it isn't OUR money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Our taxes fund a lot of shit we don't agree with. That's life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
There is a small percentage that goes to that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait, what?  I didn't say pay for HER abortion personally, but yes, the tax payers DO fund abortions.... do you not know that?  

Quoting Anonymous:

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I think neither of you should have to pay but if anyone other than the woman is going to be forced to, it should be the man and not the taxpayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep, it is life... there's a lot I wish I didn't pay for.  None of it is as extreme as killing babies though.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I'd personally rather fund that over funding a woman birthing a baby she didn't want and cannot even afford to feed. MORE of our tax dollars go towards helping raise kids parents don't have enough money to raise themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, it is life... there's a lot I wish I didn't pay for.  None of it is as extreme as killing babies though.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Touche!   Valid point.  I'm glad there's some thought, I honestly didn't expect a lot of it in here.  Thank you for proving me wrong.  

That's certainly something that requires me to think.  Hmm.  I don't know the right answer there.... though the first thing that pops into my mind is adoption - so many couples that would want and love that baby.  And honestly, I think that if people started being forced to be accountable for the actions and responsible for themselves (not just with sex, I mean in general... but I do include pregnancy in this) then a lot more "accidents" would be prevented.  I know oops pregnancies happen, frequently, but with how easy it is to abort, people just treat it as a back up plan or no big deal.  It's abused... largely.... and people get them for some horrifying reasons... and in horrifying quantities. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd personally rather fund that over funding a woman birthing a baby she didn't want and cannot even afford to feed. MORE of our tax dollars go towards helping raise kids parents don't have enough money to raise themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

GypsyMom2012
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I support the right to choose. As for whether or not the sperm donor should be responsible? If he wanted that child, I don't think he should have to pay. There could very well be a clause that states if the father of the child wanted that baby, he can sign a document determining this, forcing her to pay for the abortion on her own, should she choose to go through with it. If he doesn't want the baby, but doesn't want to help her pay for the procedure, there are ways to force reluctant dads into paying, legally speaking, of course.

When I was raped, I reported it and got the (very early version) of the morning after pill. It made me physically ill due to the chemical make-up but I was happy that I had prevented an unwanted pregnancy. I understand that there are circumstances where abortion is the only option and there are even circumstances where government assistance is a blessing. However, I do believe there should be legitimate requirements to get federal funding for an abortion. Like police reports, court documents, etc.

However, I do believe that if a woman has gotten 3 or more abortions, her tubes should be automatically tied. Abortion is not a form of birth control.

I have strong opinions about who should and should not be able to get abortions and the whys of those reasons but I will save those for another post.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I totally agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)