Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time for the friendly winter reminder..

Posted by   + Show Post

No puffy coats or snow suits in the carseats! This is why! Fleece, carseat ponchos, coats on backwards, or blankets!  

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Infant-thrown-from-car-seat-in-violent-Raymond-collision-is-recovering.html

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Dd hates wearing a coat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Mine put their coats on backwards after they have buckled. They don't freeze. It's not all that hard to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever! I have been doing it for 13 years and have somehow managed to keep my kids alive. They will not sit in the car and freeze AND I will not let my vehicle run, that as is expensive! If you think that letting your child freeze their ass off is good for you so be it but I will not be removing their coats.

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM

No Worries. 

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Clicky

Thanks!

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
We just put him in a long sleeved sleeper with feet, a hat and a blanket lightly wrapped around him. Can't take him out in public except for doctor visits. So he doesn't get exposed to the cold very often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Drive without speeding, texting, or talking on the cellphone and the kids should be ok! 

beerebelly
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM

So glad my kids are past the baby stage. Rules have changed so much I no longer know what's going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Coats are to be worn outside. So again I will not be taking their coats off of them for any reason in 0 degree weather.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine put their coats on backwards after they have buckled. They don't freeze. It's not all that hard to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever! I have been doing it for 13 years and have somehow managed to keep my kids alive. They will not sit in the car and freeze AND I will not let my vehicle run, that as is expensive! If you think that letting your child freeze their ass off is good for you so be it but I will not be removing their coats.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM

hey genius...

they have this awesome thing

called a BLANKET!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

ponghoodss1lrqn

miss_lisa
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I live in North Dakota and my friends manage to get their kids safely into their car seats while keeping them warm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Why can't you take him out in public??

Quoting Ninjabubble:

We just put him in a long sleeved sleeper with feet, a hat and a blanket lightly wrapped around him. Can't take him out in public except for doctor visits. So he doesn't get exposed to the cold very often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured