Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Time for the friendly winter reminder..

Posted by   + Show Post

No puffy coats or snow suits in the carseats! This is why! Fleece, carseat ponchos, coats on backwards, or blankets!  

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Infant-thrown-from-car-seat-in-violent-Raymond-collision-is-recovering.html

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

until someone who is doing that runs into your car

Quoting Anonymous:

Drive without speeding, texting, or talking on the cellphone and the kids should be ok! 

ponghoodss1lrqn

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this
He had on a fleece snowsuit, so apparently not even the guidelines you listed are enough.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

No puffy coats or snow suits in the carseats! This is why! Fleece, carseat ponchos, coats on backwards, or blankets!  

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Infant-thrown-from-car-seat-in-violent-Raymond-collision-is-recovering.html

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
but how are you going to control the actions of the other drivers?

Quoting Anonymous:

Drive without speeding, texting, or talking on the cellphone and the kids should be ok! 

NiCo86
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I choose not to freeze my children in subzero temperatures ... but thank you for your concern.

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
It neg here. Even once your in a car that has been running its still bitter cold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Coats are to be worn outside. So again I will not be taking their coats off of them for any reason in 0 degree weather.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine put their coats on backwards after they have buckled. They don't freeze. It's not all that hard to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever! I have been doing it for 13 years and have somehow managed to keep my kids alive. They will not sit in the car and freeze AND I will not let my vehicle run, that as is expensive! If you think that letting your child freeze their ass off is good for you so be it but I will not be removing their coats.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Did you really just make that comment? Well, here is one for you genius. They will still freeze with just a blanket because at some point you will have to unwrap them to put them in their seats. Dumbass!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

hey genius...

they have this awesome thing

called a BLANKET!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever! I have been doing it for 13 years and have somehow managed to keep my kids alive. They will not sit in the car and freeze AND I will not let my vehicle run, that as is expensive! If you think that letting your child freeze their ass off is good for you so be it but I will not be removing their coats.

IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Carseat ponchos'

We use these! They are great! Have pockets and keep them super warm!
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Quoting NiCo86:

I choose not to freeze my children in subzero temperatures ... but thank you for your concern.

get a freaking blanket....seriously is this concept that hard???

ponghoodss1lrqn

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I didn't have this knowledge with my 1st 2 (nobody ever told ne differently and so I just followed what I knew from other moms I trusted) but now I take my youngest 2 coat off to put them in their seat then cover them back up with it once buckled
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM

i'm sorry you're too cheap and lazy to protect your kids but whatever. your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you really just make that comment? Well, here is one for you genius. They will still freeze with just a blanket because at some point you will have to unwrap them to put them in their seats. Dumbass!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

hey genius...

they have this awesome thing

called a BLANKET!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

ponghoodss1lrqn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)