Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Time for the friendly winter reminder..

Posted by   + Show Post

No puffy coats or snow suits in the carseats! This is why! Fleece, carseat ponchos, coats on backwards, or blankets!  

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Infant-thrown-from-car-seat-in-violent-Raymond-collision-is-recovering.html

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Well, good for them. My kids will not be taking their coats off in 0 degree weather, EVER.

Quoting miss_lisa:

I live in North Dalota and my friends manage to get their kids safely into their car seats while keeping them warm.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever! I have been doing it for 13 years and have somehow managed to keep my kids alive. They will not sit in the car and freeze AND I will not let my vehicle run, that as is expensive! If you think that letting your child freeze their ass off is good for you so be it but I will not be removing their coats.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM

good reminder! I'm moving back to Indiana & the cold soon so I will have to remember this again! :)

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM
He just had heart surgery and they want him to recover fully before being exposed to a bunch of crap. He also has a shot immune system. So if he does get sick we will be back in the hospital. Him not being out in public is only temporary. Once he turns one we can be out more. Just have to be careful around other children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why can't you take him out in public??

Quoting Ninjabubble:

We just put him in a long sleeved sleeper with feet, a hat and a blanket lightly wrapped around him. Can't take him out in public except for doctor visits. So he doesn't get exposed to the cold very often.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous

We use thinner but warm fleece sweaters and blankets in the car.  Fleece is SUPER warm, and they have fun piling blankets up and up around themselves during the drives. 

And we DO take the coats, in case of car trouble.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever! I have been doing it for 13 years and have somehow managed to keep my kids alive. They will not sit in the car and freeze AND I will not let my vehicle run, that as is expensive! If you think that letting your child freeze their ass off is good for you so be it but I will not be removing their coats.

Anonymous

Which is the exact reason I will not be taking their coats off for any reason ;)

Quoting daughteroftruth:

It neg here. Even once your in a car that has been running its still bitter cold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Coats are to be worn outside. So again I will not be taking their coats off of them for any reason in 0 degree weather.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine put their coats on backwards after they have buckled. They don't freeze. It's not all that hard to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are and always have been safely buckled. If something is going to happen, it will happen regardless. I will not make myself neurotic about it. My kids are in their seats with their coats on, they are safe and warm. Anything beyond that is out of my hands. 

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

until someone who is doing that runs into your car

Quoting Anonymous:

Drive without speeding, texting, or talking on the cellphone and the kids should be ok! 

NiCo86
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

is the concept that it gets so cold here that the car doesn't warm up any so hard? Or the fact that my children have to be taken from my house in these sub zero temperatures to the vehicle such a hard concept?

I'll do with my kids as I choose ... and you can do with yours as you choose. My children ... won't freeze.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting NiCo86:

I choose not to freeze my children in subzero temperatures ... but thank you for your concern.

get a freaking blanket....seriously is this concept that hard???

Anonymous

Cheap and lazy? yeah whatever you say.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

i'm sorry you're too cheap and lazy to protect your kids but whatever. your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you really just make that comment? Well, here is one for you genius. They will still freeze with just a blanket because at some point you will have to unwrap them to put them in their seats. Dumbass!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

hey genius...

they have this awesome thing

called a BLANKET!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
One does not freeze in the two minutes it takes to buckle and cover back up.
I don't see any sound logic behind your argument. Safety in the car is the absolute most important thing, more important than being cold for a minute or the few bucks you "waste" warming your vehicle. BUT I know you believe what you do, so whatever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Coats are to be worn outside. So again I will not be taking their coats off of them for any reason in 0 degree weather.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine put their coats on backwards after they have buckled. They don't freeze. It's not all that hard to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

koalasami
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Except you can not control other people's stupidity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Drive without speeding, texting, or talking on the cellphone and the kids should be ok! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)