Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son doesn't like his name :( *Edit*

My 6 year old son Easton told me today that he doesn't like his name and he wants to change it.
I asked him why and he said it was 'because it is boring' so I asked him what he would change it to, he said Jacob. I veto Jacob since there are 3 Jacob's in his class!
I told him that he could go by East or James which is his middle name. He said he wants to be James.
It will be interesting to see if he actually remembers that he wants to be James. 

Have any of your children decided to go by another name or nickname? Was it a hard transition?

*Edit*
He is still stuck on James and even told his friends at church today that his name is now James. He seems happy with his choice, so I am okay with it.

For everyone saying that it is a 'unique' name, that they feel bad for him for having such an unusual name. Easton is number 102 on the name popularity list. It is more popular than Eric, Micah, Colin, Kyle etc. So no it isn't a created name. It may not be your style, and that is okay, but it isn't a 'hideous' name. 

ALLONS-Y

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (791-793):
Turtle207
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM
My daughter loves her name (Alexandra Rose), but finds that the most common nickname, Allie, is TOO common, and she prefers either the whole Alexandra, or Lexie to avoid confusion. But, alas, all too often, Allie it is. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
devsmom98
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Sometimes kids just want to fit in with their friends..having a "unique" name myself I know first hand how tough it is..kudos to u mom for actually letting him call himself James..anytime I told my parents I wanted to change my name they just yelled..even now as an adult they tell me if I change my name they would never talk to me again..so I just have a nickname that I've had since elementary school that non-family members call me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa959799
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM
When my daughter was about that age she wanted to be named cupcake. She even started signing her school work cupcake. Now she doesn't even remember doing it. Lol. Your son had a great name. Both names.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN