Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appropriate or no?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Girl works... Only she never shows up. Has worked 1 out of 8 days she was supposed to. Always some stupid bull shit excuse. She shows up on day 8 30 minutes late and says oh my mom is in the hospital can i leave? Boss says yeah sure( as said we know for a fact that the other 7 excuses were lies) is it acceptable to ask for proof the mom was in the hospital or get fired do you just take the word for it??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Yes! That's BS!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM
id fire her for not showing up for any of her shifts, she obviously doesnt want to work.
GwenGray
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM

If I were her boss, I'd ask to see hospital papers.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM
I don't understand those types of people. Why have a job? They are the same ones who come to work and complain the entire time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I wouldn't say anything about the hospital and fire her for calling in too many time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Not appropriate. However, firing her for not showing up for her shifts would be grounds for firing, IMO. There's plenty of people that are desparste for a job!
Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM

If You the Boss you ask for documentation...........if you're a fellow worker you keep your mouth shut

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Ask for the papers, you have all the grounds in the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Alright. I figured as much. The supervisor asked to see them. I agreed with the choice the supervisor made and now she says the mom wasn't in the hospital (which we knew). I'm her supervisor and she told me she is just quitting which is good, she shouldn't be doing the job she is in anyway and obvioisly doesn't want to work since she never freakin shows up.
ETA to clarify the supervise above me wanted the papers. I am her supervisor but the main supervisor asked for then
Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Ehhhhh.....thin line.

Any papers from the hospital are part of her *mother's* private paperwork.

Now, if she said she had been to the doctor, the doctor can write up a generic note that gives no information other than that she was seen.

She can't really ask her mother's doctor to write *her* a note for missing work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured