Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess my boyfriend doesnt want to know..UPDATE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About all the guys that hit on me. Im a waitress in a bar/resturant and i was telling my bf about how this guy was sooo disappointed when he found out my age. I mean its funny because stuff like this happens all the time to me so my manager was just cracking up. The funny thing is when i was pregnant he would tell me stories like this all the time

He texted saying he cant be with me if i think its ok that other guys hit on me....as if i can control what other people do...is it just me or is he being a little bitch?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM

he's being a little bitch lol

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I wouldn't tell him about it. Just don't make a big deal about it. I wouldn't want to hear of all the times my SO was hit on or flirt with either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KyrinM
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Sounds like he is insecure, my DH laughs & says, "See, I told you, you are hot."  LOL!  He knows they aren't a threat.  I love him.  Just reassure your guy that as flattering as these guys are, it is him that you come home to & him that you want, so chill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

You are correct.  You have no control over other people's actions.

However, you have full control over your own. Telling him constantly about the men who hit on you at work just to get a reaction/rise out of him and/or to play tit for tat because he used to do that to you is immature and a sure fire way to poison a relationship.   It's a pointless action done for a pointless reason.   Really be honest with yourself as to why you share what you share with him and what you are trying to get out of it. You may find that your reasons really aren't worth it or meaningful at all and you are just causing issues where there need not be any.

I think its because I feel he doesnt appreciate me as much as he should so I want him to realize other men find me attractive because he doesnt tell me i am enough imo..

Those aren't actions that will earn appreciation or encourage it to be shown.   Other men finding you attractive isn't going to make him change how he treats you, and you rubbing it in his face to try and illicit that change can/and will do nothing but cause problems.

If you are not getting the type of interaction, the type of treatment, etc that you feel you want, need and deserve from him, trying to receive it from positive means is the best course of actions. Negativity breeds negativity. Pettiness breeds pettiness.    Now I'm sure you are saying to yourself "I've tried, I've tried talking to him, I've told him how I feel....etc".  However, have you truly communicate those things in an open, honest and constructive manner that he truly comprehends. Not him just saying "yeah yeah I know I'll change", but in a manner in which he truly and fully comprehends the issues, why they are issues, how they make you feel and how you can work together to make it better?  Playing tit for tat isn't going to make anything better. That's working against one another and not working together. To accomplish anything in a relationship that is positive, that type of patter/behavior/reaction has to change.

yeah i have told him. Iv said i feel unappreciated he says "i appreciate you" iv said you dont compliment me often enough and he says he does...whenever the rare occasion he compliments me all he says is you look good...idk maybe im asking for too much but i feel i need to be happy and hes not giving that to me. Thats why i love my job so much because i get the attention there that I dont get when im with him...its pathetic really :/

x2monstersx
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Maybe it's the way you talk about it?  As if you love it or something.  I wouldn't even talk about unless it was something that crossed the line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

so tit for tat?

grow up

if he doesnt want to hear then shut up about it

Quoting Anonymous:

You see he used to do just that. If he cant handle it. he shouldnt have done it himself

Quoting Anonymous:

So you wouldn't get annoyed if he came home daily talking about every woman who laid eyes on him?

I'm sure it boosts your little ego, but there's some things you should keep to yourself...especially if you want your boyfriend to still stroke it (your ego that is).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM
And the update is your still causing the problem
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

You are correct.  You have no control over other people's actions.

However, you have full control over your own. Telling him constantly about the men who hit on you at work just to get a reaction/rise out of him and/or to play tit for tat because he used to do that to you is immature and a sure fire way to poison a relationship.   It's a pointless action done for a pointless reason.   Really be honest with yourself as to why you share what you share with him and what you are trying to get out of it. You may find that your reasons really aren't worth it or meaningful at all and you are just causing issues where there need not be any.

I think its because I feel he doesnt appreciate me as much as he should so I want him to realize other men find me attractive because he doesnt tell me i am enough imo..

then tell him how you feel.  dont play games. 

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

teaspring
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Sounds like he's still young... were he older, or simply more mature, he would perhaps feel flattered that this hott woman who engages the attention of so many others is his and comes home to him... He'll grow up one day and realize it ... maybe ;)

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM
O.o does he realize they'll tip you more?

My Dh thinks it's an ego boost
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)