Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Sad Story of How I Found Cafemom...

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:48 AM
  • 65 Replies

I had forgotten (I can't believe it) how I came across Cafemom, about five months ago, until the earlier post that asked how did you find cafemom was on earlier. For most of today I was like, trallalala, I don't know, and then I remembered....and got sad all over again. 

I found out I was pregnant and I was google searching to see if I could find a birthing center that offered water births and midwife care. I found one. However, i wanted to know if people had left reviews about how their experience was there, and also to make sure there were no horror stories or signs that I should avoid it. 

So I googled the birthing center, scrolled down and found this link:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/14077/forums/read/17149690/I_may_get_my_water_birth_UPDATE

This was my introduction to cafemom. At first, when I read the original post I was so excited to come across another woman who was about to move into my area, and wanted to use this birthing center for the exact same reason I did, for a water birth!

So I kept reading the comments, on and on, and suddenly things took a turn. People started commenting how sad it was that this girl had just (within days of her post) died! People who knew her in real life confirmed that indeed her family had been in a tragic accident. They were moving across country to this area in two cars. She was driving in the front car, her husband was driving behind her. They stopped because traffic was backed up, she was stopped behind a flatbed trailer, Her husband was stopped behind her. A man behind them failed to stop at the halted traffic, or even really slow down.

He hit the husbands car, which hit the pregnant wives car, which was propelled under the semi. She and her fetus died. Her husband died. And their two kids died. 

:( May they all Rest in Peace. 

www.starherald.com/news/local_news/family-confirmed-killed-in-sunday-crash/article_6c32ff22-fcf0-11e1-b4bc-0019bb2963f4.html

Reading all the replies, I never realized how many people had intereacted with her here on CM, this happened in September and she is missed by many members apparently. I was just one of many people effected and saddened by this horrible tragedy. 

http://omaha.com/article/20120912/NEWS/709129864

"Baumann said his daughter also was active on CafeMom, an Internet site. He said his family has been touched by the “tremendous outpouring of support” from people all over the country who knew Diana via their Internet chats. "

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet_misery
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:50 AM
I remember this story and cm member.rip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Oh wow. That is incredibly sad. =(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM
I didn't know her, personally, but I still think about her. I know she had quite a few friends here on cm...
RollingStone
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:53 AM
OOoooo..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM

that is so sad :(

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Sad

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM
I remember that story. It's so sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM
I remember that story, so sad :( rip to the family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM
:( thats horrific
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:56 AM

I remember when that happened....so very sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)