Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are any of your SO/DH's like this??? (vent)

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:31 AM
  • 146 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I don't want to feel like I'm the only one who feels this way or that I'm a bad girlfriend. But my SO always expects me to cook something when he clearly sees that we are running out of food. We buy food with our own money so sometimes we struggle cuz there's bills to pay. So we try to make the food last until he gets paid again. So today he tells me that I better make something to eat with what we have. My cupboards are full of canned food that he does not like. He LOVES meat so if there's not meat in his food he will complain. Which makes me feel bad because sometimes I prepare food thinking of him and how he'll love it. There have been times when I cook really good food that he loves WITH WHAT WE HAVE (like he says I should do) but right now we clearly don't even have damn eggs. I have none of the ingredients I usually use to cook. For example....we have bread but we have no mayo or ham to make sandwiches. We have NO meat anymore.....we have no tortillas or cheese....you get my point. Me and my son ate some rice and a salad. My son will eat whatever and he won't complain but I know SO would not settle for rice and a salad cuz there's not meat so he won't get full. So what do I do? He expects me to feed him with what we have. I can but he'll complain about it and then he'll tell me to grab his sister's food. (yeah we live with her and I don't/like doing that). I mean.....am I wrong to be mad when he's like that? Then he plays the victim and says that I"m messed up cuz I don't want to feed him. But when he has cooked he gets his sisters stuff (yes he asks for permission but I get mad because he grabs her food and makes something good but expects me to cook with just OUR stuff)......so what do you guys suggest?
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM
5 moms liked this
What the fuck. How old are you guys?
tharealty2
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:36 AM
2 moms liked this

my dh has been a jerk, but telling me what I better do - that ain't something he's been foolish enough to say.

SunKissedLola
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Buy Better food?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM
5 moms liked this

I would tell dh if he didn't like what I fixed, he's welcome to fix his own.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this
No, my dh would not ever act like that to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM
I suggest that you make food money more of a priority. You need to make sure there is enough for everybody to eat. Not having a full stomach just causes people to be grumpy. Cut out other expenses if you have to. Food is not an expense you should be compromising on.
HisMommy4Ever
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Uh what is that supposed to mean?

Quoting SunKissedLola:

Buy Better food?

XJetX
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Maybe you should try going to a food pantry, or stretching your money when you go shopping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 22 and he's 25...I don't get what our age has to do with food.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the fuck. How old are you guys?

HisMommy4Ever
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Oh we do. Right now I have $60 for food which is good for us...we are only a family of 3. But the point of my post is when we don't have food. He eats ALOT

Quoting XJetX:

Maybe you should try going to a food pantry, or stretching your money when you go shopping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN