Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why did you stop going to Church?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
1 mom liked this
Evidently this is for people who've attended church in the past.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I had a son who died at the age of 31 days. This changed my whole outlook on God and religion. I still believe in God but in my own way and I detest most organised religions.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM
so sorry for your loss :( I feel the same.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I had a son who died at the age of 31 days. This changed my whole outlook on God and religion. I still believe in God but in my own way and I detest most organised religions.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Because my family, and hubby especially, don't want to get up early on Sunday mornings.  Sundays are our family time.  We normally do a big brunch around 11 or 12 on Sundays, then hubby goes back to sleep for nap.  He's got fibromyalgia, and hurts all the time, so on Sunday he just wants to sleep.  

The other factor is the weather and driveway.  In the winter, our driveway gets really bad and I can't get my car down the driveway, but hub has a jeep.  We can't fit all six of us in the jeep legally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
5 moms liked this
I saw a lot of hypocrisy with in the church. Sadly most of it was from well respected elders and their families. It was just as bad as politics, just accepted and cheeks were turned even more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I stopped believing in god

Aichia
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Long story short, I was openly shunned after telling my youth pastor about the abuse in my home as a teen. Not long after that I started losing my faith.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
7 moms liked this

Because I'm no longer a delusional, brainwashed child who believes everything I'm told without reason or evidence.

SlingsAndThings
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I became a Muslim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM

My son decided he was an atheist.  I'm not, but now I just listen to the music and reflect in my own way.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Quoting brettsmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)