Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL says baby should be potty trained by the age of

Posted by   + Show Post

2. I show her websites that list the signs of when a baby is ready... I show her websites that say closer to the age of 3 is when they START to be potty trained. She just yells "THEY'RE WRONG. THEY'RE ALL WRONG. BABIES SHOULD BE POTTY TRAINED BY 2!"

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
Dqnana
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

So .... how much damage did she do to her kids by trying to force them when they were not physically or mentally ready to control their bathroom functions?  Bladder development doesn't have a calendar.  Just say,"Well ... I am going to trust that this child will be potty trained by age 15."

LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
My DHs mother tried to pressure me into putting sugar into ds bottle when he was born. WTH is wrong with these MIL's.

NOTE: I know not all mother in laws are off their rocker. Lol

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting LyTe684:

Tell her to train her mouth to stfu. Lol

God I wish. She keeps pressuring me to potty train him when he's obviously not ready, just like when she tried to pressure me into putting cereal in his bottle when he was 1mo old

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom is trying to tell me the same crap! When the child is ready they're ready no use in rushing!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

i potty trained both dd before age 2...biggest sign for me was when they would wake up and be dry. I put them on a little store bought potty bc they didn't l ike to go on the big ones...that helped alot. My son didn't show any of the signs till 2 1/2 and I potty trained him them.

Quoting momofmany86:

My DH would disagree with you.

He had me read the article above last night. Our DD will be 2 in March. She shows signs of being ready to train, but she doesn't want to sit on the toilet. DH thinks I need to do it.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

lmao

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I find that the more you abide by age "guidelines" the more you will be pushing your kid before it is time or holding them back. Follow your kid's cues. I had DS potty trained in a matter of days because I just waited for him to be ready, he was just 2.5yo. DD will probably be about the same age

LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM
That's what I did with ds. DD is now 20 months. She pulls of her pants and diaper and says 'pee pee!' So far she doesn't mind sitting on the big potty. Thank Good. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

i potty trained both dd before age 2...biggest sign for me was when they would wake up and be dry. I put them on a little store bought potty bc they didn't l ike to go on the big ones...that helped alot. My son didn't show any of the signs till 2 1/2 and I potty trained him them.

Quoting momofmany86:

My DH would disagree with you.

He had me read the article above last night. Our DD will be 2 in March. She shows signs of being ready to train, but she doesn't want to sit on the toilet. DH thinks I need to do it.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM

My oldest was potty trained just after he turned 4. We had tried it a few times and it just made everyone frustrated so we waited for HIM to be ready. One day I asked him if he wanted to use the potty and he said yes. Took his diaper off and never used one again. He never had an accident or anything like that. I am glad I waited until after he was ready. 

My middle child saw what his brother was doing (he was 2) and did the same thing. So both were potty trained in the same day. My oldest would NOT have been ready at 2 but my middle child was

My youngest is only 1 so not potty trained yet but we will wait until she is ready 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Well Priscilla is too young to worry about it anyway. ;)
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

All three of my kids were potty-trained by the time they were two.  I could not imagine having a three, four, five year old potentially still in diapers.  Ewww.  That article IS a bunch of BS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN