Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL says baby should be potty trained by the age of

Posted by   + Show Post

2. I show her websites that list the signs of when a baby is ready... I show her websites that say closer to the age of 3 is when they START to be potty trained. She just yells "THEY'RE WRONG. THEY'RE ALL WRONG. BABIES SHOULD BE POTTY TRAINED BY 2!"

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
cholita1978
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM

My grandmother told me the same thing (dd wasn't fully potty trained until 5) I just smiled and nod.  Gotta remember they raised kids in different times.

Of course some parents now do start with their kids at a young age.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

You've done more than I would have. I would just be like I'll potty train MY child when I'm ready and they're ready. Some kids are ready at 1 and a half and some are ready at 4. She can think what she wants, but she's wrong! Ha ha! LOL!

SoKamele
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My son was.....but he was ready.

Every child is different.

She's wrong.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Eh, piss on her stupid ass.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
No. Kids should be ready by 2. Not trained. Or showing signs of being ready. Both my kids were started on their second birthdays and totally potty trained within a month or two
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charmedby3
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Dd1 was 3 dd2 was 1 and a half ( she wanted to do what sissy did)
My son was 3
They train when THEY are ready not when we are
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

lol- while i am not a mil- i am the nana. with my girls- my oldest was done just a little over 2(about a month-i looked at her book) the youngest took alot longer(sn).  the granddaughter was also 2. the grandson was just a little over his third birthday.  i didn't force any of them. i just took them in there, let them sit  for a few. then i/we would take them in when they got up in the morning, then about mid morning, after lunch. then after naptime, ect. 

_AshlynNicole
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Every child is different. My dd was potty trained when she was 2, but that's because it was a MUST in order for her to move to the next class at her daycare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GodsPrincess37
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Every child is different and they do things at their own pace.  We can't force them to do something they are not ready for.  Your MIL: SHE'S WRONG.  SHE'S VERY WRONG.  BABIES SHOULD BE POTTY TRAINED WHEN THEY ARE READY.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Tell her that for the sake of keeping peace you no longer will discuss potty training. She had he experience with it with her children. you and you children will do it your way. Then refuse to speak about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)