Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a failed mom :-( **just wanted add**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I feel like such a failure right now. Christmas really took it's toll on mine and SO's finances. We didn't even go mad with gifts but all our monthly bills came out at the same time as Christmas plus I still had a loan I was paying off. We also had my DD's birthday on 2nd Jan so that was more money.

Well today I have woken up with less than I thought. I have half a loaf of bread, a big carton of milk, some cereal, a pizza and frozen stew left. I had enough to give my children breakfast and have enough for the morning too, I was also able to give them toast for lunch with a small biscuit each, I found in the bottom of the jar. For dinner I can give them pizza but have nothing to accompany it and don't have any desert (they usually get something sweet after their evening meal).

My SO has gone to work for his friend today, painting a house but he will only bring home $40. I have a pre pay electric and gas meter which are both about to run out too. Plus my SO will have to buy something for the children to eat tomorrow and a meal for us also.

We are not on benefits, my SO works part time and I am not allowed to work at the moment due to mental health issues and I feel like a complete failure for not being able provide properly for my children. My SO says everything will be ok and once I start working from home and the weather permits his work to increase, things will go back to how they used to be............full cupboards all week long, no worries of gas and electric, me not feeling so useless.

I know he's right but I can't help but feel that if I was stronger in my mind and just got better quicker than we wouldn't be in this position now. I feel like I have let myself, my children and my SO down.

Sorry just needed to get it out there, please I don't need a bashing.

***My SO can get a sub from his part time job but not until the offices open up on Monday. It is just for this weekend we will be struggling this bad food wise but come next week, his sub will still not help us become as comfortable as we were before Christmas***  

***without my income my children will have to get used to being told no a lot more and I hate it, I wanted to give my children all the things I never had, love and a home included***

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trl12081208
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. Can you find a way to bring in some money immediately? A cleaning or babysitting job, selling items you aren't using? Then you need a better plan for the future.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kellyjude1
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I am so sorry for what you must be going through.  I think today times are tough for lots of people.  Please dont blame yourself that will just make you get depressed and that is not good for you or your children.  Try as hard as it may be to think of some positives in your life sometimes this will help.  Think of the blessings like your children. Just try and take one day at a time. Hopefully in time things will all come together and will get better.  Hang in there and you will find that inner strength to help you get through some of the tough times in your life.  

prdmama1154
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Good luck
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Biscuits in a jar???

BigMamaMN
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Been there! Seriously, it will work itself out in a couple of weeks. You aren't a failure, what was the alternative? Ignoring Christmas and your son's birthday? 

*big hug*

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Im sorry! I would suggest this coming year to put aside a certain amount of money each week so you have enough money to get by next winter. My dh does landscaping and works at a shop in the winter but the shop pays a lot less so we have to save money thru the year to live comfortably in the winter. we had a very bad year tho and are struggling right now as well. What kind of things are you looking to do from home? 

Whisperywind
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry mama. You are not a failure. We all make mistakes. Go to a foodbank or church. That will help with food for the week.

Call you utility companies. They may be able to work a payment plan with you!

Acid
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Pawn some stuff.  Take your kids clothes, that don't fit them, to a store that will buy them from you. 

Donate plasma.....shovel snow if there is any.....

Acid
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I wondered about that...but, maybe she meant lady fingers or something.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Biscuits in a jar???

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Check into a food bank, soup kitchen or church food pantry someone out there has to have some ability to help you. Your kids won't starve or whine without desserts, pizza is a treat for dinner anyway
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN