I see a lot of posts, especially this time of year, with women complaining about depression. Depression sucks! I deal with it myself. I would like to share some of the tricks I've learned along the way to help you when you're feeling depressed! Feel free to add your own!
1. take vitamins! multi vitamin and vitamin b complex both help me.
2. If you're not on an antidepressant and/or you dont want to take one, try taking a 5htp supplement. It helps with depression and boosts your energy.
3. exercise and/or do yoga
4. get plenty of sleep, and go to bed and wake up the same time every day
5. make sure you are drinking enough water. take your weight, divide it in half and take that number and drink that many ounces per day. example: if you way 100 pounds, drink 50 ounces of water a day.
6. Give yourself something to look forward to. A girls night, a tv show, whatever interests you. sometimes we need something to look forward to each week so every day doesn't feel the same.
7. When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you need to do is get dressed and put your shoes on! This will help you get your day started. You can't crawl back into bed with your shoes on! If you wear makeup, put some on. make this your morning routine. routines are great!
8. Stay away from caffeine, sugar and processed foods. This make depression symptoms worse. I know it's difficult to eliminate them entirely, so try to at least limit them.
9. When you are feeling down, and cant get motivated, step outside and take a deep breath of fresh air. Go back inside witha clear head and get started immediately on what you need to do.
10. music! Turn on the music and get moving. Dont sit back down. Pick happy, upbeat music that you like.