Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

10 tips to beat depression!

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

I see a lot of posts, especially this time of year, with women complaining about depression. Depression sucks! I deal with it myself. I would like to share some of the tricks I've learned along the way to help you when you're feeling depressed! Feel free to add your own!

1. take vitamins! multi vitamin and vitamin b complex both help me. 

2. If you're not on an antidepressant and/or you dont want to take one, try taking a 5htp supplement. It helps with depression and boosts your energy. 

3. exercise and/or do yoga

4. get plenty of sleep, and go to bed and wake up the same time every day

5. make sure you are drinking enough water. take your weight, divide it in half and take that number and drink that many ounces per day. example: if you way 100 pounds, drink 50 ounces of water  a day. 

6. Give yourself something to look forward to. A girls night, a tv show, whatever interests you. sometimes we need something to look forward to each week so every day doesn't feel the same. 

7. When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you need to do is get dressed and put your shoes on! This will help you get your day started. You can't crawl back into bed with your shoes on! If you wear makeup, put some on. make this your morning routine. routines are great!

8. Stay away from caffeine, sugar and processed foods. This make depression symptoms worse. I know it's difficult to eliminate them entirely, so try to at least limit them. 

9. When you are feeling down, and cant get motivated, step outside and take a deep breath of fresh air. Go back inside witha clear head and get started immediately on what you need to do. 

10. music! Turn on the music and get moving. Dont sit back down. Pick happy, upbeat music that you like. 

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

GREAT list!! If you are apart of Depression group, you should post it there too if you havent already :)

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I am, I will do that!

Quoting BEXi:

GREAT list!! If you are apart of Depression group, you should post it there too if you havent already :)

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

bump!

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

BUMP!

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

good tips, thank you

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

bump..thanks for posting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN