Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just dont understand!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I feel like I was a great mom when he was little but now that hes 3 and a compete terror.. I cant help feel like Im not a good mother, no matter how many things I do I just cant stop him from destroying EVERYTHING in my house.

Other moms make it look so easy and they seem to have things locked down.

But I feel lost.. and it makes me feel so totally horrible as a mom.

My husband doesnt help... Im almost totally alone..

And sometimes I just want to run away from all this and I know I cant..... 

But then there are times that are great!!! But they are far less then the crappy days I spend at home with a terror who destroys my house!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Whisperywind
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't worry mama, it gets worse.

No really, either ask you pedi for suggestions or google. I'm sure there will be plenty of suggestions out there. Just take a breath and breath. This is normal. Kids go through so many stages.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

As they get older, new attitudes and actions challenge our parenting.

You have to learn how to adjust your discipline techniques to the changing of the child's behavior.

Could you give me some examples of what your child does and how you discipline that  behavior?

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Do you try to plan activities for him? Maybe he needs a stricter schedule. Dd was like that, she's just one of those kids that needs to be heavily directed. Is it warm enough to blow off steam outside where you are? Hugs mama, 3 is a rough age!

mommaharley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Every mom feels lost at some point, and no mom really has it "locked down".  Trust me, I completely understand feeling like you're not doing the best job - I feel the same.  But I'm sure you're doing the best you can! Try setting up an actual schedule and go from there.  Good luck!

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I agree with a pp, a schedule does help! and a reward system, give him stickers for good behavior and when he gets a specific amount of stickers he gets a reward. let him help you with certain household chores..folding laundry, wiping down tables, etc. 

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting superm0m877:

I agree with a pp, a schedule does help! and a reward system, give him stickers for good behavior and when he gets a specific amount of stickers he gets a reward. let him help you with certain household chores..folding laundry, wiping down tables, etc. 

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Babies are curious, always learning and exploring.  Put valuable breakables out of reach.  Teach him now how to put one thing away before he takes out another.  Three is not too young to start learning that; we taught ours at that age.  It helps. 

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I have an almost 3 and almost 5 year old.  Personally, I've found 3 to be the  toughest age.  Terrible 2s have nothing on 3.  Then when my oldest turned 4, it was like a switch went off and he got so much easier to deal with.  I honestly have LOVED age 4.  He's a whole new kid.

This, too, will pass.  The days can be long, but the years are short!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN