Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O coupon post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just wanted to add and say you can use coupons for other things besides food. Cleaning supplies, toiletries etc.
People who are struggling should really consider this! Especially those barely over the cut off for PA. Last week Axe shower gel was on sale for $2.99. I have a buy one get one free coupon and a dollar off coupon. So they were 50 cents each. I bought six of them! My stock pile isn't huge you don't have to he extreme. But I like to keep extra of everything. It's nice to not stress about money as much
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We only use coupons for non-food items, the coupons offered for food are for crap food, we don't eat it, so there is no point in clipping them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Why pay 50 cents when you can make it for cheaper.
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM
That's a great site and so is frugal coupon living. I have found most of mine on fb.

Quoting Anonymous:

Krazycouponlady.com makes it very simple!

Quoting Anonymous:

Does anyone have any coupon sites they use?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM

This. (minus kids being gone....mine are still home) We buy lots of basic items their that we use a lot of.

Quoting wooly:

We buy a lot at Sams Club and they don't take coupons. I used to use them when the kids were home, but I haven't clipped a coupon in years! When I go to the grocery store I am usually in the produce section and tho I've seen people post on here about getting produce coupons, I've never seen one!

TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I make my own cleaning supplies out of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, ect. I use bar soap and suave shampoo. If worse came to worse, I could wash my hair with baking soda and ACV. Cloth can be used in place of paper towels, diapers, ect. It's possible to save money without all the time and effort that goes into couponing. Plus, it is better for the environment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I don't like Axe shower gel though. You can get shower gel for $1 at the dollar store and it has a nice smell. I'd rather pay that extra .50c for a scent I enjoy rather than stinking every day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought so too. You just have to know how to use them. It's so easy one you learn. I mean what shower gel are you getting for 50 cents a bottle?! I've gotten huggies for $5 a package

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I clip coupons but the problem is most are for name brands and generic is usually cheaper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Well good for that. I work 12 hour shifts and have 3 kids so no I don't want to do any of that. I spend less than 10 mins a day couponing and not any longer shopping than anyone else that makes a shopping lost

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

I make my own cleaning supplies out of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, ect. I use bar soap and suave shampoo. If worse came to worse, I could wash my hair with baking soda and ACV. Cloth can be used in place of paper towels, diapers, ect. It's possible to save money without all the time and effort that goes into couponing. Plus, it is better for the environment.

lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM

DH and I have always had a small stockpile. We don't necessarily need to coupon or budget but we always feel it's best to be prepared. We raise and butcher our own cows and with that have two deep freezes with organically grass fed beef. If we run into family members or friends that are struggling we make them care packages.

Cleaning supplies, hygiene products, canned goods, preserved fruit, grains, oats and flour are a huge part of our stock pile. We have a garden, well a greenhouse and make sure nothing gets thrown away. We turn fruit into jams, jellies or preserves; we can vegetables, pickle others and make sure we have food on hand in the case of an emergency. I may have money but I don't have to live frivolously or without concern to what the future may bring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Hip2save.com

Totallytarget.com if you have a target nearby

Quoting Anonymous:

Does anyone have any coupon sites they use?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Axe was just an example. I spend less than I would on generic and I like the products I get so.... Just being nice to those who may need help and didnt realize that was something they could do

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I don't like Axe shower gel though. You can get shower gel for $1 at the dollar store and it has a nice smell. I'd rather pay that extra .50c for a scent I enjoy rather than stinking every day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought so too. You just have to know how to use them. It's so easy one you learn. I mean what shower gel are you getting for 50 cents a bottle?! I've gotten huggies for $5 a package

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I clip coupons but the problem is most are for name brands and generic is usually cheaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)