Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O coupon post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just wanted to add and say you can use coupons for other things besides food. Cleaning supplies, toiletries etc.
People who are struggling should really consider this! Especially those barely over the cut off for PA. Last week Axe shower gel was on sale for $2.99. I have a buy one get one free coupon and a dollar off coupon. So they were 50 cents each. I bought six of them! My stock pile isn't huge you don't have to he extreme. But I like to keep extra of everything. It's nice to not stress about money as much
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Takes about 10 seconds to pour some vinegar and water in a spray bottle but ok. You do you and I will do me. Just wanted to offer some suggestions for those that don't want to coupon or use [insert name of product you don't like that coupons are available for] shower gel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good for that. I work 12 hour shifts and have 3 kids so no I don't want to do any of that. I spend less than 10 mins a day couponing and not any longer shopping than anyone else that makes a shopping lost

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

I make my own cleaning supplies out of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, ect. I use bar soap and suave shampoo. If worse came to worse, I could wash my hair with baking soda and ACV. Cloth can be used in place of paper towels, diapers, ect. It's possible to save money without all the time and effort that goes into couponing. Plus, it is better for the environment.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Ugh... Axe was just an example.

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

Takes about 10 seconds to pour some vinegar and water in a spray bottle but ok. You do you and I will do me. Just wanted to offer some suggestions for those that don't want to coupon or use Axe shower gel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good for that. I work 12 hour shifts and have 3 kids so no I don't want to do any of that. I spend less than 10 mins a day couponing and not any longer shopping than anyone else that makes a shopping lost

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

I make my own cleaning supplies out of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, ect. I use bar soap and suave shampoo. If worse came to worse, I could wash my hair with baking soda and ACV. Cloth can be used in place of paper towels, diapers, ect. It's possible to save money without all the time and effort that goes into couponing. Plus, it is better for the environment.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That's fine. I'm just saying sometimes you think you're getting a good deal but the generic brands are cheaper. I clip coupons all the time and use some. But if I happen to clip a coupon and notice a generic is cheaper when I go to use the coupon I'll get the generic and leave the coupon next to the name brand so if someone wants to use it they can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Axe was just an example. I spend less than I would on generic and I like the products I get so.... Just being nice to those who may need help and didnt realize that was something they could do

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I don't like Axe shower gel though. You can get shower gel for $1 at the dollar store and it has a nice smell. I'd rather pay that extra .50c for a scent I enjoy rather than stinking every day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought so too. You just have to know how to use them. It's so easy one you learn. I mean what shower gel are you getting for 50 cents a bottle?! I've gotten huggies for $5 a package

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I clip coupons but the problem is most are for name brands and generic is usually cheaper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I agree. Last year I purchased 100 travel size deodorants women's degree. All for FREE. I don't have to worry about it for a couple of years.

Got those HUGE bottles of head and should for a $1 each and got 6 of them. They are for my husband and will last a long time.

I've gotten Aussie products for free those were discounted with a coupon.

Free toothbrushes and free toothpaste.

I got wisk laundry soap reg priced $7.99 a bottle got 20 bottles for $20 with a sale and coupons.

Here it's easy to get 100s of coupon inserts for no cost. Every newspaper recycle bin is usually full the day before a delivery of last weeks papers they couldn't get rid of and you just grab the bundles I have been able to get 300 papers with coupon inserts in less then 10 minutes. Then I sell the inserts on eBay and make more money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I understand what you're saying but I think if you would take the time to look into it you would realize that if you coupon correctly it is generally cheaper

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

That's fine. I'm just saying sometimes you think you're getting a good deal but the generic brands are cheaper. I clip coupons all the time and use some. But if I happen to clip a coupon and notice a generic is cheaper when I go to use the coupon I'll get the generic and leave the coupon next to the name brand so if someone wants to use it they can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Axe was just an example. I spend less than I would on generic and I like the products I get so.... Just being nice to those who may need help and didnt realize that was something they could do

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I don't like Axe shower gel though. You can get shower gel for $1 at the dollar store and it has a nice smell. I'd rather pay that extra .50c for a scent I enjoy rather than stinking every day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought so too. You just have to know how to use them. It's so easy one you learn. I mean what shower gel are you getting for 50 cents a bottle?! I've gotten huggies for $5 a package

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I clip coupons but the problem is most are for name brands and generic is usually cheaper.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I've been trying to get into couponing for baby items. Thanks for the info.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

lol I do coupon "correctly". No it's not always cheaper. And like I said cheaper isn't always best. What good is it to get a product your family isn't likely to use?

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand what you're saying but I think if you would take the time to look into it you would realize that if you coupon correctly it is generally cheaper

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Gotcha. I edited my reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh... Axe was just an example.

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

Takes about 10 seconds to pour some vinegar and water in a spray bottle but ok. You do you and I will do me. Just wanted to offer some suggestions for those that don't want to coupon or use Axe shower gel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
i wish we could get deals like that in canada.... stupid coupon rules
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM
What kind of rules do you have in Canada?

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

i wish we could get deals like that in canada.... stupid coupon rules
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN