Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong of me to get mad at him for eating in front of the kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here's the situation:

Ex is coming over to visit the kids today. He asks if the kids have eaten lunch yet. I say no because I haven't much to eat here since I haven't been to the store yet. (plus they got up at noon & ate breakfast then) So he says when he gets here I can go to the store. I said I wasn't prepared to go just yet but I did plan on it. He then tells me he will wait til I get back from the store to go get himself something to eat. I get mad & said "that's real nice just eat in front of them!" & hung up.

My problem is he knows I can't afford to get fast food whenever but yet he flaunts it in front of the kids every time he is over. I don't understand why he can't eat before he comes over to see them! Am I wrong for wanting him to eat before he gets here? This way they aren't begging him for food or me to go get them fast food!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Then tell him to not come over with fast food anymore.  If he comes to the door with it, send him back to his car until he's finished.  You don't go to someone else's house with food just for yourself unless it's okay with them.  That's so rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I could afford to get them fast food I would but I can't. It's not something I budget for because it's not something we need. I do budget for Littel Ceasars Pizza once every 2 weeks when I get paid because it's $15 for all of us to eat & fast food for 6 would cost way more than that!

Quoting jillbailey26:

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

How did they eat breakfast if you don't have anything in the house? Also, if they already ate breakfast, what's the big deal? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are ppl not reading my post? I said I didn't have anything in the house to feed them at this time PLUS they just woke up 2 hours ago & ate breakfast then!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Or you could just feed them before he gets there.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Have him pick up enough food for everyone or he can eat before he arrives. Does he stay at your place for the visit or does he take them and leave?

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

She said she can't afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM

He is dad. And we have gotten into this argument before. He thinks it's not his responsibilty to feed them when it's his parenting time because I get food stamps. I wouldn't need food stamps if we were still together! He decided to leave us so I had to go back to work full time. And I wasn't able to make ends meet so therefore I had to get on PA.

Quoting jessimicuh:

If he's dad, he needs to buy them some too or eat before he comes.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
He should just buy them some too. Thats rude of him not to...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Unfortunately he stays here to visit. He lives with his mommy & her place isn't big enough for everyone to visit. So I am being "nice" & letting him come over here. But right now things are being neglected that I told the kids to do before he came over. It's like once he gets here anything I say is worthless. I told the kids to clean the rec room & they are all out there playing video games now that he is here!

Quoting PinkyPan:

Have him pick up enough food for everyone or he can eat before he arrives. Does he stay at your place for the visit or does he take them and leave?

Liyoness
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM
And he said he would wait until after you got back to eat his own food. I agree - he should be eating before he comes over. Honestly, I don't understand the big deal with fast food - I have never fed it to my children, so I don't see how it is flaunting anything at them - it's garbage, plain and simple. I wouldn't be upset that the father of my children isn't feeding my kids garbage. If you were really concerned about this, you would make a meal/invite him to make a meal in your home for everyone. There is no reason everyone can't eat out of the same pot.
Quoting Anonymous:

As in why doesn't he buy them some too? Or why don't I fix something for them? Because he is cheap. And because like I explained I can't afford it myself nor do I have the food in the house right now for them to eat lunch. I planned on going to the store child free when he came over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why cant they just eat it with him then ??

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM
4 moms liked this
He's dad food stamps or not, them children are still his responsibility!!

Quoting Anonymous:

He is dad. And we have gotten into this argument before. He thinks it's not his responsibilty to feed them when it's his parenting time because I get food stamps. I wouldn't need food stamps if we were still together! He decided to leave us so I had to go back to work full time. And I wasn't able to make ends meet so therefore I had to get on PA.

Quoting jessimicuh:

If he's dad, he needs to buy them some too or eat before he comes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ugh, why doesn't he bring them anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)