Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong of me to get mad at him for eating in front of the kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here's the situation:

Ex is coming over to visit the kids today. He asks if the kids have eaten lunch yet. I say no because I haven't much to eat here since I haven't been to the store yet. (plus they got up at noon & ate breakfast then) So he says when he gets here I can go to the store. I said I wasn't prepared to go just yet but I did plan on it. He then tells me he will wait til I get back from the store to go get himself something to eat. I get mad & said "that's real nice just eat in front of them!" & hung up.

My problem is he knows I can't afford to get fast food whenever but yet he flaunts it in front of the kids every time he is over. I don't understand why he can't eat before he comes over to see them! Am I wrong for wanting him to eat before he gets here? This way they aren't begging him for food or me to go get them fast food!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just wrong and cruel to eat fast food in front of your kids without offering to buy them some.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting tossed:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting tossed:

Quoting jillbailey26:

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

She said she can't afford it.

And I said "If anything..."

She made it clear that she cannot afford fast food, so your "If anything...." does not apply. He is the dad, why can't he buy for his kids if he plans on eating in front of them?

I'm not going to argue about what I said.  I still stand by it.  If anything means, if at all.  

If you read my first sentence, I did say that he should bring something for them too.  Why am I having to repeat what I say?  Was the first time I said it not good enough?

First sentence was okay, but to tell a woman who has said she cannot afford to feed her kids fast food that she should even consider even giving cash to the person causing the problem is wrong. 

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Good troll post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tossed:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting tossed:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting tossed:

Quoting jillbailey26:

If he's going to eat at your house, he should at least bring something for them too.  If anything, you can give him the cash for bringing it to them.

She said she can't afford it.

And I said "If anything..."

She made it clear that she cannot afford fast food, so your "If anything...." does not apply. He is the dad, why can't he buy for his kids if he plans on eating in front of them?

I'm not going to argue about what I said.  I still stand by it.  If anything means, if at all.  

If you read my first sentence, I did say that he should bring something for them too.  Why am I having to repeat what I say?  Was the first time I said it not good enough?

First sentence was okay, but to tell a woman who has said she cannot afford to feed her kids fast food that she should even consider even giving cash to the person causing the problem is wrong. 

Okay.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM
My x would come over before ds stopped bf and bring me and my DD food
periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I don't allow people to bring fast food into my house and eat in front of the kids, that is so absolutely rude. I simply ask them to finish before coming over. It started a slight argument once but it's something that I am firm on in my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM

If he does it all the time, then you need to just work around it. There is no other way. You cannot control him, only yourself (even if he is being a dick). So have bread and PB and J in the house, and be prepared. If he won't get them fast food, and eats it in front of  him, that is on him, not you. They will get it. However, if you stress out, and get all mad at him, they will pick up on that too. Just listen to them complain, validate that you undestand their feelings about it, and make sure to have something for them to eat. There is nothing more you can do. 

Believe me, when I tell you. I grew up with an effed up dad, and so did my kid. You have to let go and let that relationship be what it is, between the kids and their dad. They will see, and know. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I bought stuff last night for breaksfast thinking he was going to be over sooner than he got here (I should have known better because he is never on time) & planned on going hardciare shopping when he got here. Again I thought he would be here around noon... not 2 hours later. And it's a big deal because he does it all the time when I have asked him not to before. He is constantly bringing food over & then the kids are upset because I won't get them fast food.

Quoting Anonymous:

How did they eat breakfast if you don't have anything in the house? Also, if they already ate breakfast, what's the big deal? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are ppl not reading my post? I said I didn't have anything in the house to feed them at this time PLUS they just woke up 2 hours ago & ate breakfast then!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Or you could just feed them before he gets there.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Im confused, if he is getting something after you go to the store why does it matter. He can eat it in his car.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Um it sounds like he was going to wait until you get back from the store and then he was going to get something to eat. It doesn't sound like he's bringing it over and eating it in front of your kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Have you offered to have food there for him to make with the kids? I would understand you not wanting to feed him, but seriously, something cheap like eggs or snadwiches? Then he can perpare the something easy with the kids, and you can leave and go have some time for yourself. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because, like me, he can not afford fast food for everyone. Which is the point- if you can't afford it for everyone then don't be bringing it to my house & eating in front of them! Sure he offered to wait til I went to the store but he is still going to end up leaving the house to go get food & that is time he could be spending with the kids!

Quoting littlesippycup:

Ugh, why doesn't he bring them anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)