Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong of me to get mad at him for eating in front of the kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here's the situation:

Ex is coming over to visit the kids today. He asks if the kids have eaten lunch yet. I say no because I haven't much to eat here since I haven't been to the store yet. (plus they got up at noon & ate breakfast then) So he says when he gets here I can go to the store. I said I wasn't prepared to go just yet but I did plan on it. He then tells me he will wait til I get back from the store to go get himself something to eat. I get mad & said "that's real nice just eat in front of them!" & hung up.

My problem is he knows I can't afford to get fast food whenever but yet he flaunts it in front of the kids every time he is over. I don't understand why he can't eat before he comes over to see them! Am I wrong for wanting him to eat before he gets here? This way they aren't begging him for food or me to go get them fast food!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (41-50):
adrosie08
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Quoting Liyoness:

Kind of agree to this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hes a idiot and he should take the kids to eat real food or help pay for ur food. Fast food is junk and its bad for people. Maybe he should take them out to lunch some where nice and healthy. and its rude to eat in front of them regardless

Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Constantly? Why on earth would you let him do this to your kids numerous times? I would tell him to eat it elsewhere of ill take that shit out of his hands and throw it away. Then he is really wasting money. What the hell kind of dad can't hit up the dollar menu for his kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

I bought stuff last night for breaksfast thinking he was going to be over sooner than he got here (I should have known better because he is never on time) & planned on going hardciare shopping when he got here. Again I thought he would be here around noon... not 2 hours later. And it's a big deal because he does it all the time when I have asked him not to before. He is constantly bringing food over & then the kids are upset because I won't get them fast food.

Quoting Anonymous:

How did they eat breakfast if you don't have anything in the house? Also, if they already ate breakfast, what's the big deal? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are ppl not reading my post? I said I didn't have anything in the house to feed them at this time PLUS they just woke up 2 hours ago & ate breakfast then!

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Or you could just feed them before he gets there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it's wrong. Fast food is a treat here and my kids would be sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like he comes to your house for the visits. Tell him he can no longer bring food into your house unless he has brought something for everyone in the house. IMHO he is just being a showoff-ass. Mine did similar things.

fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I don't see what the problem is, if the kids already ate why can't he eat in front of them? If my kids eat already and I'm out I will grab some fast food and bring it home and eat it with them there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Just be honest with him. Tell him the kids aren't hungry right now, but if he shows up with fast food, they will want some. So ask him to please either eat it before he gets there, or bring enough for the kids...even if he has to get them a few items from the dollar menu or something.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

If they are hungry right now then you should make it a higher priority to go to the store now or should have gone earlier, but since you seem to not be in any rush and they just ate at noon, I'm guessing they aren't very hungry or anything, so what's wrong with him eating around them.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
He wouldn't be allowed in my house with fast food. I wouldn't be accommodating a grown man in anyway shape or form.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

It sounded like he was offering to watch the kids so you could go to the store and then going to go get himself somthing to eat after you got back. If he did plan to go get fast food and eat it in front of the kids and not share then yes that is wrong but I didn't hear from this conversation you posted that he was going to do that. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)